Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Finally got around to setting up my new SE5000 today! Got it all put together and I was pretty impressed with the build quality all-round.

....BUT, when I power her on FUCK! It seems a nice size chunk of the diodes on one of the bars are dead :mad: So, no quality control/testing before they go out the door it would seem :unsure:

All I can say is I'm pretty fuckin' unimpressed @Chita Spiderfarmer. I've emailed re: warranty coverage and will wait to see how they handle it.

Good or Bad I will report back on their customer service. 🤞Here's hoping they are better than Mars :rolleyes:

View attachment 22762
Ohh that's not good mate. Hopefully they rectify this ASAP.
What did that cost ya mate??

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
$616.92😁 ...I've spent too much time in the east not to haggle :cool: ....though they may sell you a bung light if you go too hard :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Yeah fairly cheap for the amount of light you get but quality is obviously sacrificed but!

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
$616.92😁 ...I've spent too much time in the east not to haggle :cool: ....though they may sell you a bung light if you go too hard :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Might of been damaged during transport?
I’m sure they will sort it out seem like a reputable company, if it’s faulty that’s a replacement everyday of the week.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I looked on the site it

did I read that right ,,,you got the price down to 300 off but you got a broken light for your trouble ?

maybe no warranty on damaged goods

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Might of been damaged during transport?
Yeah, could be... who knows? I didn't notice any physical damage and it was well packed but anything is possible.

I think you're right, I'm pretty confident they'll sort it out. The fact they engage with their customers through forums such as this is a good sign. Shows they're up for the feedback and are interested in customer satisfaction.

Really it would be an easy fix, as it's modular it would be as simple as sending out a replacement bar to swap in (y)

I looked on the site it

did I read that right ,,,you got the price down to 300 off but you got a broken light for your trouble ?

maybe no warranty on damaged goods
Yeah, but keep in mind the price of LEDs have gone through the roof in recent months. At the time of purchase the SE5000 was retailing @ ~$800, also the current SE5000 @$915.99 is the newer "upgraded" model.

Either way, the deal was done on a brand new SE5000 (current model at the time). No mention of damaged goods or limited warranty, so as far as I'm concerned, price I paid does not come into it (in relation to warranty).

Anyway, I'll see what they say and go from there.

Last edited:

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Yeah I reckon you’ll get it sorted ..
might sting you for freight cost though.?
I'd be happy to wear that. The bar's don't weigh much and fair's fair (y) As long as I don't have to pay to send the whole thing back... it's a fuckin' heavy unit (double zip ties ;) )

Indy

Misfit
User ID
$900 for a 300w.. :oops:

It seems spider farmer and Mars hydro have a match or even surpass Lumatex's topnotch 1000 watter which is priced at 3.1k.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Know anybody who has one has done a grow with one?

I can’t find a single grow thread with them lights, no cunt can afford them 😂
Heaps of cunts on roll it up and grass city. Seen about 6 to 7 grows with em mostly the Zeus 600. Think the spectrum is the same on the 300.
Yeah they are absurdly expensive.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Quick update on my SE5000. Initial response to my email was quick, however I hadn't heard anything yet and thought I'd check in with them before the weekend. Got a response and they're saying it will be at least a month and a half before they'll be able to send a replacement bar out :(

So, good and bad I suppose... I'm happy they'll replace the bar, but the month and a half wait (min)... that really does fuck up my plans :( While I'm a bit pissed about the fucked bar and long wait time. I can't blame them for me not checking it when I first got my hands on it 😞

Anyway, swings and roundabouts.

Top Bottom