Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Well.. Their SE 1000w is shit as well. Hooked it back up again for the final run home the other day and noticed the dimmer no longer worked, and was stuck on running at 100%. After fiddling around with it for about 20 minutes i got it working again. But now, the fuckin' ballast is rip roaring red hot, to the point you can't hold your hand on it for love or money.

Avoid these cheap cunts at all costs. You'd be better off giving your money to charity.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Well.. Their SE 1000w is shit as well. Hooked it back up again for the final run home the other day and noticed the dimmer no longer worked, and was stuck on running at 100%. After fiddling around with it for about 20 minutes i got it working again. But now, the fuckin' ballast is rip roaring red hot, to the point you can't hold your hand on it for love or money.

Avoid these cheap cunts at all costs. You'd be better off giving your money to charity.
You get what you paid for. Expensive doesn't always mean good, but cheap usually has very short lifespan. I've been running a few HLG lights continuously for nearly 4 years( 365 days a year), without any glitches. Still produces similar density buds, as from their date of purchase. Would have needed to change over 4 or 5 HPS globes in that timeframe, for similar initial outlay cost of quality LED. For me, it's a no brainer. Toyota reliability versus Great Wall piece of junk. Your wallet will thank you, as the poor man always pays twice.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Cheers for the lecture. (y)

EDIT: Just for the record, i didn't buy it because it was a cheap option. the reasoning behind the purchase was i prefer the bar array, compared to the other led lights. Only option better at the time was a lumatek offering.

Like i tend to believe i'm pretty brave sorta character, but not brave enough to stroll in the front door 'n say.. "Hi hunny, i'm home with the new $3k+ grow light."

Where'd you reckon my pills would end up? :oops:

Last edited:

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ll be checking mine out a lot more now but so far it’s still ok. It’s the se3000 but lucky for me it was a prize.

Dimmer works fine and seems to be giving the plants what they need.

I’ll be starting a new grow diary soon but started a raspberry and blueberry shrub inside the tent and now have four hempy s going again almost ready to flip. Though they did start on the Hlg bluepec 🤫

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

EDIT: Just for the record, i didn't buy it because it was a cheap option. the reasoning behind the purchase was i prefer the bar array, compared to the other led lights. Only option better at the time was a lumatek offering.

Like i tend to believe i'm pretty brave sorta character, but not brave enough to stroll in the front door 'n say.. "Hi hunny, i'm home with the new $3k+ grow light."

I'm guessing your not guna tell her that the 1g ya spent is gone! 😏
Sorry mate it's fucked that spider farmer are shit but like like Old fox said everyone was warned about em!!
How many hours has the light actually done mate??

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Nah, she knows about it. I've been buying a complete new kit over the last 18 months. Only been spitting lately once i informed her about the dehumidifier recently. In fact i got too much shit here as it is, only thing missing is a decent light. My old 20 odd year old HPS ballast 'n light have carried this grow..

I missed that memo about how shit SF are. Must've done the rounds while i had a break from here a while back. Gazza was the only that did scoff when i mentioned them, but he couldn't expand on what the problem was with them at the time.

Probably 5 weeks @ 18hours a day at best i'd guess, and that's being generous. Pretty shit mileage..

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
It sucks that many have had problems. Seems to be a few people using them with good results but then you hear this and it’s really disheartening. Obviously price is the real difference. Price of production etc determines the retail price. Still shouldn’t have these problems though regardless of the costs. Grow lights should work way more than one grow cycle.

One drop seems to be getting good results though and until mine doesn’t I’ll keep using it.

So what’s your next light choice @Indy ?

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Admittedly i have been eyeing off the HLG Scorpion Diablo Advanced because it covers the 5ft x 5ft footprint i'm looking for. But i'm still keen on the Bar Array style of light. My way of thinking tells me that'd be choice array because you get better saturation, and penetration due to numerous lighting angles over a broader area.

I'm in no hurry now though, can't do much indoors until late autumn next year..

R3za92

Baked
User ID
You get what you paid for. Expensive doesn't always mean good, but cheap usually has very short lifespan. I've been running a few HLG lights continuously for nearly 4 years( 365 days a year), without any glitches. Still produces similar density buds, as from their date of purchase. Would have needed to change over 4 or 5 HPS globes in that timeframe, for similar initial outlay cost of quality LED. For me, it's a no brainer. Toyota reliability versus Great Wall piece of junk. Your wallet will thank you, as the poor man always pays twice.
Great walls and ldv aren’t bad, they’re just bitsa’s. Bits of this and bits of that. For example the new ldv and Great Wall utes use a Mitsubishi 4g63 motor (considered a pretty rock solid motor thanks the the evo rocking the turbo closed deck version for so long) the auto gearbox’s are frm bmw and the ecu control system is German from Bosch.

As for Toyota reliability, have you seen their new bmw powered celiac, the Subaru powered gt86 or the issues they’re having with their diesels lately

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Nah, she knows about it. I've been buying a complete new kit over the last 18 months. Only been spitting lately once i informed her about the dehumidifier recently. In fact i got too much shit here as it is, only thing missing is a decent light. My old 20 odd year old HPS ballast 'n light have carried this grow..

I missed that memo about how shit SF are. Must've done the rounds while i had a break from here a while back. Gazza was the only that did scoff when i mentioned them, but he couldn't expand on what the problem was with them at the time.

Probably 5 weeks @ 18hours a day at best i'd guess, and that's being generous. Pretty shit mileage..
Yeah that's fucking pathetic!!
Have you contacted them about it??
They probably won't do anything about it if ya do!
I've noticed they have sponsored almost every yank form and every time someone says something bad about them the post gets removed and the member reprimanded about slagging them off!!
Basically exactly what the Chinese Communist Party does the rat cunts!!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Great walls and ldv aren’t bad, they’re just bitsa’s. Bits of this and bits of that. For example the new ldv and Great Wall utes use a Mitsubishi 4g63 motor (considered a pretty rock solid motor thanks the the evo rocking the turbo closed deck version for so long) the auto gearbox’s are frm bmw and the ecu control system is German from Bosch.

As for Toyota reliability, have you seen their new bmw powered celiac, the Subaru powered gt86 or the issues they’re having with their diesels lately
It was an analogy, I thought some people could relate to. Not really a Toyota fanboy, but if anyone bought me a LC 300 Series I would drive it 🤟.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID

Didn't mean to offend. Apologies if it came across that way. 👍Just crudely sharing my observation, rightly or wrongly.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
when I was a kid Japanese stuff was suspect and Korean stuff was plain shit. Now I’d happily drive any jap car,and Korean TV’s are outstanding.
In 10 years time everybody will be banging on about the shit lights from Nepal.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
It was an analogy, I thought some people could relate to. Not really a Toyota fanboy, but if anyone bought me a LC 300 Series I would drive it 🤟.
Yeah I’m only a Subaru fan boy. Just pointing out the common misconceptions.

Id also take a LC 300 if on offer but id sell it and buy a Subaru wrc sti or brz and restore the classic wrx and brumby I’ve got. Spend the leftover profits on more grow equipment

Top Bottom