Microgreens

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Anyone else growing microgreens?

I bought some seed a while back, finally got around to germinating some this week.

I put these in Monday night. Cabbage on left, broccoli on right. 30 grams of each seed per tray. They are in my small veg tent with zero air exchange. Under a Mars 100w or thereabouts LED up high as it goes in the 1.6m high tent.

Comparing to others on YouTube mine are very squat. Perhaps too much light, a lot of growers online seem to use low powered cfl’s.

ABAADAFB-42E2-4310-BE9B-80E536E6891A.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
No but I am going to start some capsicum, eggplant and tomatoes and zucchini’s.
Figured I’ll make use of the tent space once the current grow is over.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So ignoring my ignorance, what the bloody hell are microgreens Bill ?
Are they actually miniture cabbages and eggplants or do they just taste the same ?
I've tried microdosing, that's about it

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Haha,

yeah, they are just that, seedlings of the vegetable. They would grow to be a cabbage or brocolli in my case, but planted on mass and harvested at a young age, they apparently have far more nutritional value.

It is quite strange to grab a bunch of them and eat them.. they taste exactly like they would fully grown.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
You not going to keep growing cannabis?
I will keep growing weed but I need to slow down. I want to look at different set ups too.

I have been researching hempys and self irrigation planter boxes. Actually want to set up a greenhouse out back with 60L containers as sip for veggies. And then next spring swap in some ready for a outdoor run again.

Top Bottom