Microdosing mushrooms

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Anybody had experience with microdosing with mushrooms to help manage depression and/or aggressive behaviour? My daughter has a chronic eating disorder that manifests with deep depression and aggressive behaviours. Traditional medicine and treatment does fuck all to help her - after a 12 year battle. Online information on microdosing is scant, as the medical field just doesn't know enough about it I've personally had a handful of full dose trips, but I'm not looking at that option for my daughter. I'm ready only interested in microdosing experiences, and it's real world effects on mood.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Can't help personally oldfox, but there is a microdosing sub on Reddit that could be of help to you

Pixie

Baked
User ID
Anybody had experience with microdosing with mushrooms to help manage depression and/or aggressive behaviour? My daughter has a chronic eating disorder that manifests with deep depression and aggressive behaviours. Traditional medicine and treatment does fuck all to help her - after a 12 year battle. Online information on microdosing is scant, as the medical field just doesn't know enough about it I've personally had a handful of full dose trips, but I'm not looking at that option for my daughter. I'm ready only interested in microdosing experiences, and it's real world effects on mood.
Shroomery magic mushrooms demystified Google that Fox that might help you out đź‘Ť

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ve been slack and haven’t MD in ages.

But it’s not a solution more so of a tool that can help.
It can help you brain look at depression, anxiety and other things in a different light

But it also takes other things like meditation, mindfulness, talking to a therapist etc.

Have a read of How To Change Your Mind by Michael Pollen. Also has a Netflix doco same name.

Mushrooms aren’t looked at the same way here as parts of the US have been looking at them. But the hopefully will soon.

There’s also the thought that occasionally macro doses are more beneficial that micro doses. I think either way helps but needs to be worked with other ways.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I’ve been slack and haven’t MD in ages.

But it’s not a solution more so of a tool that can help.
It can help you brain look at depression, anxiety and other things in a different light

But it also takes other things like meditation, mindfulness, talking to a therapist etc.

Have a read of How To Change Your Mind by Michael Pollen. Also has a Netflix doco same name.

Mushrooms aren’t looked at the same way here as parts of the US have been looking at them. But the hopefully will soon.

There’s also the thought that occasionally macro doses are more beneficial that micro doses. I think either way helps but needs to be worked with other ways.
This does seem the sensible approach with MD and therapist that follow your progress. Going down the self-evaluating path with it could end up taking you further than where you want/need to be with it. But as usual with our backward Gov's, it's damn frustrating we don't have services like this, and with no indication if we ever will.

Sorry to learn of your Daughters struggles, Old fox. Hope you guys can get some progress with it.

skttl

Germinating
User ID
It seems a lot of the focus (and breakthroughs) that have been publicised in recent years have all been about macrodoses of psychedelics.. basically there are easy gains to be made with full doses so not enough study has been done as medicine does like to nab the low hanging fruit first. They have found that micro-dosing can absolutely be detrimental to mood in some cases, so it could be risky. I have found huge benefit from macrodoses myself, so I can't say from a personal perspective. Have you looked into Ketamine assisted psychotherapy as an alternative? It seems further along the approval train and if you're in the right city she may even be able to sign up for a study. I have had friends in the US say good things about it for treatment resistant depression.
Wishing you both good outcomes and healing, whatever path you take.

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
It seems a lot of the focus (and breakthroughs) that have been publicised in recent years have all been about macrodoses of psychedelics.. basically there are easy gains to be made with full doses so not enough study has been done as medicine does like to nab the low hanging fruit first. They have found that micro-dosing can absolutely be detrimental to mood in some cases, so it could be risky. I have found huge benefit from macrodoses myself, so I can't say from a personal perspective. Have you looked into Ketamine assisted psychotherapy as an alternative? It seems further along the approval train and if you're in the right city she may even be able to sign up for a study. I have had friends in the US say good things about it for treatment resistant depression.
Wishing you both good outcomes and healing, whatever path you take.
This, Ketamine has trials running out of one of the hospitals in Melbourne for depression and anxiety, they are apparently having great success. I believe its for treatment resistive persons where traditional medications and therapies have failed over the years

DV8

Germinating
User ID
Any chance you could be more specific about the species you are thinking of?

I know a bit about Psilocybin. Cant speak to any other varieties.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Thanks to the generosity of a TSE member , I've started my daughter on psilocybin microdosing 8 days ago. Member (topbloke 🏆) has kindly gifted more than enough for a month supply. .25mg increased to .30mg is ingested every second day, and she's reported feeling more focused ( i.e. less erratic thoughts) with no adverse effects. Interesting, Swinburne University (Melbourne) has today announced a trial of 160 patients with treatment resistance depression and/or alcoholism, using psilocybin microdoses. Anyway, thanks TSE member (Zorro... haha), for your generosity, it's greatly appreciated 👍

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Good luck mate. I hope she can find something that helps her.
Yea man hope she finds fullness n life.
I have a friend heavily dosing mm but he does have scientific equipment and 43 degrees and exp in child welness,I could ask him for some alternative meds brotoo easy.
Peace..
My apologies 3 deg not 4 ....

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
This, Ketamine has trials running out of one of the hospitals in Melbourne for depression and anxiety, they are apparently having great success. I believe its for treatment resistive persons where traditional medications and therapies have failed over the years
Ketaminr is a bandaid IMO

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks to the generosity of a TSE member , I've started my daughter on psilocybin microdosing 8 days ago. Member (topbloke 🏆) has kindly gifted more than enough for a month supply. .25mg increased to .30mg is ingested every second day, and she's reported feeling more focused ( i.e. less erratic thoughts) with no adverse effects. Interesting, Swinburne University (Melbourne) has today announced a trial of 160 patients with treatment resistance depression and/or alcoholism, using psilocybin microdoses. Anyway, thanks TSE member (Zorro... haha), for your generosity, it's greatly appreciated 👍
I watched a British doco a few weeks ago about treating depression with shrooms. Apparently, they work on an area of the frontal lobe and increase plasticity allowing for people to reframe their experience and the way they think about their lives.

The participants were monitored and had therapy sessions after and spoke of the feeling of the bell jar being lifted. If I come across it again, I'll write down the name.

Wishing your daughter good health, happiness and the strength to work through this on her journey. I hope you are taking care of yourself too. A great book that has helped me a lot is "When Things Fall Apart" by Pema Chodron. If you get a chance have a swizz.

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Sorry guys I have nothing to offer except my admiration of your knowledge and thoughtfulness to go down these roads with alternative medicine or therapy..I have watched a few docos on the use of shrooms and/or acid( Sorry about that term) and I think it's amazing what they are finding out these days especially with some of the so called drugs of pleasure being studied. From what I've seen Israel is way at the forefront of marijuana and the medicinal benefits of it..
But really I just wanted to say "Good on you" and @Old fox I truly hope it works out for the best for you and your daughter mate..

Top Bottom