Medicinal cannabis user, ‘best buds you’ve ever seen’ claim

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Darryn Nufer Darryn Nufer @darryn_nufer less than 2 min read August 4, 2022 - 4:00AM

A man has fronted a Central Queensland court for a drug-related offence and talked up the “bud” he gets prescribed as a medicinal cannabis user. Details here.

A Central Queensland man in court for a drug-related offence has talked up the “bud” he gets prescribed as a medicinal cannabis user during an interesting exchange with the magistrate.

Name removed, 42, pleaded guilty in Biloela Magistrates Court on July 13 to one count of drug-driving. The court heard that the dude returned a positive to cannabis after police intercepted him driving at Monto on April 3.

Police Prosecutor Sergeant Carl Spargo said the dude had three previous drug-driving offences on his history - one in 2018 and two in 2020. Sergeant Spargo added that the dude was currently on parole for possessing dangerous drugs offences and his criminal history was “lengthy” at seven pages, with his traffic history eight pages long.

Representing himself in court, the dude told Magistrate Philippa Beckinsale that he had been prescribed medicinal cannabis and he smoked that. Ms Beckinsale told the dude that it was “not prescribed to have a smoke, you have to have it medicinally”. the dude replied: “Yeah in a vape, in a vape, which is a smoke. Yeah I’m allowed to smoke it, I’m allowed to smoke it.” Ms Beckinsale responded: “Well there you go.” The dude then talked up the product that he was prescribed.

“I get buds - yeah 24 per cent of the best buds you’ve ever seen, prescription. “That’s why they (police) pulled me over, ma’am, because they knew I was on prescription medication.” Ms Beckinsale asked the probation officer present in court to inform her of the dude's situation.

Ms Beckinsale then placed the dude on 12 months’ probation and disqualified him from driving for six months. She noted this was a different type of offence to what the dude was on parole for and took no action in relation to that.

Source: Courier-Mail

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
Top Bottom