Lowenfells: DIY Autoflowering Cannabis

vostok

Blooming
User ID
51LYDlShPaL._SX415_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Famous Organic Tutor Jeff Lowenfell's latest release
I really wanted to like this book, but did not at all. There are a couple of good sections like the week-by-week photos of a fast growing auto, but overall I was very disappointed.

Most of the information in the book can be easily obtained from websites like growweedeasy.com. I was hoping to get personal growing guidance from someone with lots of experience growing autos, but there were only a few occasions where it felt like the content was more than just a regurgitation of what can be found online. One piece of advice comes to mind where he says he recommends 20-24 hours of lighting per day based on his experience. I wanted more of this because there are so many opinions online that it's hard to pull out valuable information from all the noise. It felt like a missed opportunity.

By the time you're done reading it, you will be tired of the term "Autoflowering Cannabis". It's an accurate term for the plant, but seeing it multiple times on every page felt like it was used to just make the book longer. Sometimes when he uses the term, he's describing something specific to autoflowers. Other times he's using it to refer to cannabis in general. This is super confusing and makes it hard to know what makes an autoflowering plant distinct from a photoperiod plant. Also, the number of times he compares growing cannabis to tomatoes is just annoying.

The whole section on plant deficiencies is sort of pointless without good pictures. Each deficiency sounds almost the same as the others in words, and you really needs pictures to learn how to tell them apart. There's a full-page illustration, but it's really confusing because you can't tell what part of the plant you're looking at and everything looks the same.

The number of errors in such a short book should embarrass the editor. Not including all the typos, there are things that are just plain frustrating to see. Things like two identical photos on different pages that credit two different photographers. Or like the website for Mephisto Genetics, a seed company with one of the best reputations for autos, is wrong. Somebody could have proofread a final copy in a weekend and made the published version 100x better.

If you're looking for a conversation starter for your coffee table, this might work. If you're looking for a solid intro to growing autoflowers, I would start with a more in-depth book on cannabis in general, then visit websites like growweedeasy.com and autoflower.net to get into the nitty gritty.

Nutes for autoflowers is where its at afterall the author has written several books on the subject

Stoner Value= 5/10 Good for Noobs Vets may Yawn

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
Top Bottom