Legal question ......

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Say if you have been smoking and then you are driving and you have an accident that's not your fault.
Say you get t-boned by someone running a red light or going through a stop sign.
Say you end up in hospital and are found to have THC in your system.
Is the insurance situation on your car repairs an issue ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
They probably wouldn’t know would they ?
unless you claimed for injuries then the insurance company would see the medical record..

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Say if you have been smoking and then you are driving and you have an accident that's not your fault.
Say you get t-boned by someone running a red light or going through a stop sign.
Wouldn’t your friends insurance chase the other persons insurance to pay for repairs ? If it’s not your friends fault.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yes if you test positive at fault or not then your insurance is void!!

MoFo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Seems like the insurance companies have it all sewn up.
If you're injured and police show up and you have to go to hospital, is it mandatory that there is a blood test (to prove if you should be on the road in the first place)?

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Insurance companies are as tight as a nuns cunt
Tighter than.
If they can get out of paying they will. It's DUI charge, driving under the influence. It doesn't matter what you are under the influence of, be that alcohol, be that weed or be that prescribed medication. All can void your policy. And you can bet the insurer is looking for any and all reasons NOT to pay.
I made an insurance claim (unrelated to driving) and had investigators outside my home, speaking to neighbours, following me when I left home, etc. Really intrusive stuff. The insurer was looking for any and all reasons NOT to pay. They didn't find anything and eventually had to pay my claim, but they were real cunts about it all.
Wouldn’t your friends insurance chase the other persons insurance to pay for repairs ?
The other person's insurance doesn't want to pay either, so they too will be hunting for any 'out' they can find. It doesn't matter whose at fault, your friend was under the influence and shouldn't have, legally, been driving. Instant void of policy.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
.. and that's the very reason I opted out of Fed Gov keeping my medical history on record. Give it time, that info will be available to whoever is willing to pay for it. Insurance companies are the first at the top of the list that would very much love access to that data. As with hackers..

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Probably would depend if the cops test on site of crash. If not, how will the insurance company know ?

benn0

Baked
User ID
.. and that's the very reason I opted out of Fed Gov keeping my medical history on record. Give it time, that info will be available to whoever is willing to pay for it. Insurance companies are the first at the top of the list that would very much love access to that data. As with hackers..
I too opted out, with all the hacks going on i know my medical records are safe being scattered around my district and not complete and not in one giant honeypot in one central location and on the internet

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
My mate wrote off his brand new XR8 Sprint. Didn't hit another car but when the police came they only tested him for booze.. He was very lucky and got his insurance but had they tested for THC i don't think he would have.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I too opted out, with all the hacks going on i know my medical records are safe being scattered around my district and not complete and not in one giant honeypot in one central location and on the internet
I've had enough medical fun'n'games to know 'Danger Will Robinson', I opted out immediately. Those records belong to me, no one else. If a Dr orders a test, I want a copy. If a radiologist takes a picture, a scan, I want a copy. Now, they can put all of the images (and the reports) on a memory stick for me. I don't leave until I have a copy. They are about me and they belong to me. Some medicos have tried to use their 'medical privilege' to not provide, but under FOI (Freedom of information) law, my privilege outweighs theirs. If they want to push it, I'll go legal on their arse. I played their games before. I no play, no more. Tread on my toes and I'll crush your fuckin foot.

Top Bottom