I'm legit now lol, got my script.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

The Stoned Jester

Germinating
User ID
Does that mean your now on the pension too?
Nope not on DSP yet still collecting paper work and waiting for another application so I can throw everything at them.

You can get flower too yeah?
Not 100% sure yet, the doctors I went to only said they prescribe these oral solutions, I might have to go though another provider / doctor if I want flower, one of my other friends over here gets flower from QLD so it is possible, but I think I gotta try this this first.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
That's great SJ :)
Is there a list somewhere of medical issues that allows people to get a script?

The Stoned Jester

Germinating
User ID
That's great SJ :)
Is there a list somewhere of medical issues that allows people to get a script?
Not sure, quite a lot of conditions are covered, but I think the trick is you have to have tried other pharma products and say they don't work first, they only want to give out canna based medicine as almost a last resort.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Not sure, quite a lot of conditions are covered, but I think the trick is you have to have tried other pharma products and say they don't work first, they only want to give out canna based medicine as almost a last resort.
ok, great tip, thanks.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
It can depend which state you are in too. We found a lot of resistance trying to get my mother, who is a terminal cancer patient, approved in Tassie. Seems the influence (read: kickbacks for GPs) from opioid producing companies run deep in the land of the opium poppies :mad:

Farms in Tasmania produce almost half of the world's legal opium = 💰💰💰 for Politicians 🤑 & Doctors 💊

The Stoned Jester

Germinating
User ID
It can depend which state you are in too. We found a lot of resistance trying to get my mother, who is a terminal cancer patient, approved in Tassie. Seems the influence (read: kickbacks for GPs) from opioid producing companies run deep in the land of the opium poppies :mad:

Farms in Tasmania produce almost half of the world's legal opium = 💰💰💰 for Politicians 🤑 & Doctors 💊
Yup I've heard this is one of the major reasons that recreation use isn't getting approved .... It's the big opium / poppy producers who are threatening to take away the poppy growing licence of Tasmania if it does, and that's a VERY BIG reason.

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Congratulations on getting a script!!
I read a book years ago called selling sickness and it really opened my eyes up to the major corruption of big pharma and our western medical institutions. It's a fucking outrage!!

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Congratulations on getting a script!!
I read a book years ago called selling sickness and it really opened my eyes up to the major corruption of big pharma and our western medical institutions. It's a fucking outrage!!
I just read a summary of this book and just Wow! It's what I've suspected has been happening and I'm glad you referenced this book Joe. I want to read it.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Some doctors Like to sell lots of pills, most.
In fact when I was younger my family doctor was throwing pills at me in a ridiculous fashion for mental health issues.
Crazily over medicated I had to get myself off that crap as it was doing more harm than good.
Thing is old family doc doesn't want to help you get off said pharma rubbish he just wants to keep you on it! Which did lead to some ugly and colourful confrontations at the surgery.
Sooo sometimes you gotta help yourself.
Now I self medicate with a healing herb and take a very small amount of Ssri.
Couldn't afford government medical cannabis anyway. ✌🏻

Indy

Misfit
User ID

Come across similar resistance in QLD with Neurologists, trying to treat a family member with epilepsy. One flat out wanted nothing to do with Medical Cannabis, and the other Neuro was similar, but only considered it after we trailed all the suitable pharmacutical meds which didn't fully sort the epilepsy. And even then it appeared his knowledge Medical Cannabis was fairly limited. Only thing he knew about was increasing the incremental dosages, and daily limits. Anything else i questioned him about it was addressed with a confused look, to which had him gazing into a pamphlet looking for answers. lol

All in all, what i took from the experience from both of them was the fact they didn't want to tarnish their reputation by taking the Medical Cannabis route. Anything associated with it was met with much resistance.

As for the family member, the CBD Oil hasn't taken control of the epilepsy completely, but it's no worse than the pharma meds that were trialled. That said, they are sleeping better through the night for it. I expected such, because i'm a firm believer that Medical Cannabis isn't a "cure all" that some nutjobs like to claim. But very similar to pharma meds where what works for one patient may not work for another. Like all meds, it's a case of finding out which one works best for the patient at hand.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I have to agree with you Indy, 90% of the 'conventional' dr's don't know and don't want to know ANYTHING regarding canna. Most are of the old established view of 'No Medical Benefit' which in former years has been the hard line of the mighty AMA.
I found it bazaar, the medicos are more than willing to feed me up on benzos, opiates and any other S8 I wanted until I can't stand up straight, I've got boxes of the bloody things. But you ask about canna 'You want WHAT?? Ohh no, no, no. I don't know anything about it. You'll have to find another Dr to prescribe THAT...' you can almost see that flashing light in their eyes 'WARNING: DRUG SEEKER'.

Sugar, you ask about a list of ailments. With some medicos, honestly, it often doesn't matter what the ailment may be the answer is 'NO', they can be SO fixed in their views. I think the actual question should be 'Does anybody have a list of Dr's willing to prescribe canna?"
As that chart 'Pickey' posted shows, often you need to show that you've trialled other treatments, without success, then canna maybe considered an option. But, be aware, it's very expensive.

Here's a list of links that may help:
https://caclinics.com.au/
https://ncclinics.com.au/
https://www.cannvalate.com.au/
https://medicalcanna...ervices.com.au/
https://www.greencho...edical-cannabis

P.S. Some will even do an online consult, so you don't even need to leave your computer chair.

Phl3x

Germinating
User ID
Merlin. Awesome news I've been on cannatrek for a month or so now also.

booked online. The clinic called me. I went in payed $300 20 mine later walked out.

Script was sent off to tga.
1 week later I was approved and had my flower script sent out to me.

It was that easy I was gobsmacked!
www.montu.com.au

Top Bottom