https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN4411

Aussie battler

Germinating
User ID
3 days left to sign for legalisation in Australia help the greens pass it .

Sign it nd pass it on. Just like a doob

It needs traction......

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Did anyone actually read this dribble? I reckon Aussie Battler might have written it himself. ...

Petition Reason
Cannabis was made illegal in Australia. Since then the Cannabis trade has grown and Prohibition of Cannabis is no longer the best or safest method of controlling Cannabis Consumption. Many Young people end up with a Criminal History for choosing to consume a drug, that is less Harmful then Alcohol and Medically Prescribed in Australia. It is Hypocracy to allow some people to have a Drug for Medical Purposes and even Export Cannabis Grown here in Australia to places like Germany and such countries for Medical use and then throw the youth of Australia into Jail for having a "Joint" or a "bong" because it is a "Dangerous Drug" One would argue that these Young Australian Adults had made a Guenuine Decision to use a less Harmful Drug that has less Harmful Side Affects to the Depressant Drug namely Alcohol. Cannabis is a Drug for relaxation and one associated with Laughter. The world needs more laughter these days and it seems absurd to want to outlaw a drug that may promote laughter and happiness, while keeping your society depressed by a depressant. Legalising Cannabis for recreational purposes will greatly reduce the problems and provide more tax.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Did anyone actually read this dribble? I reckon Aussie Battler might have written it himself. ...

Petition Reason
Cannabis was made illegal in Australia. Since then the Cannabis trade has grown and Prohibition of Cannabis is no longer the best or safest method of controlling Cannabis Consumption. Many Young people end up with a Criminal History for choosing to consume a drug, that is less Harmful then Alcohol and Medically Prescribed in Australia. It is Hypocracy to allow some people to have a Drug for Medical Purposes and even Export Cannabis Grown here in Australia to places like Germany and such countries for Medical use and then throw the youth of Australia into Jail for having a "Joint" or a "bong" because it is a "Dangerous Drug" One would argue that these Young Australian Adults had made a Guenuine Decision to use a less Harmful Drug that has less Harmful Side Affects to the Depressant Drug namely Alcohol. Cannabis is a Drug for relaxation and one associated with Laughter. The world needs more laughter these days and it seems absurd to want to outlaw a drug that may promote laughter and happiness, while keeping your society depressed by a depressant. Legalising Cannabis for recreational purposes will greatly reduce the problems and provide more tax.
Fucking written by stoners! Should have been a coked up lawyer.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Fucking written by stoners! Should have been a coked up lawyer.
Yep everyone knows how good of a word Smith I am. I could right one better, present that to parliament and they will turn around and say "well there's the proof it kills brain cells" fark get someone to research and make it look "smart" You can't pit it against alcohol (even if we know its less harmful)because 99 of them abuse alcahol and will jump straight on the defence and dismiss it without properly looking at the issue. The greens have the right approach they don't compare they just point out facts like you can't OD how much money can be made etc etc
I'm happy to sign a petition but not one that I think will hurt the cause more than it helps. First thing people do when somthing they do is ridiculed is jump on the defence and that's what I think comparing it will do..my 2 cents

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right. Legalizing cannabis definitely hits that "worth doing" mark with everyone on this forum. However, you will get a more welcoming response and support if you stop interrupting threads and slinging insults. In the spirit of constructive criticism, run your petition by a mate who is willing to edit the spelling, punctuation, and grammar. As it is presented now, no number of signatures will get the politicians' or bureaucrats' attention. Heck, spell check just corrected my misspelling of "buraeucrat" and thus this post sounded intelligent enough that you finished reading it...

Top Bottom