How Often do you mix up your Nutrients for Coco hand watering?

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
Just Curious how often your all mixing up your nutrients?

Currently every night I'm making a fresh batch.

Measuring water quantity, adding part A, Adding Part B, Testing EC, Testing PH, adding PH Up or down dependant on my water source.

I'm wondering if i can save a bit of time by making up a large batch. Does anyone else do this for hand watering in coco? If so, how long are you storing the Nutrient water? Or am i better of just mixing every day.

Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I did for a while ,,had an air stone to keep it oxygenated,,just turned the tap and filled my watering can - plastic really.
I intend setting it up again ,it saves you that extra fuckaround each day,

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Yeah I water from a reservoir, and keep it topped up. My thoughts are to dissipate chlorine and let some kind of life build up.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
For the moment I'm mixing daily - gets me two feeds (morning and night). Sometimes I mix up a little extra and have it sit for 1-2 days before use. Store it in 4L bottles. That's for the flowering plants. For the two in veg at the moment, made up 8-9 L of mix and it's been sitting around for about a week as they aren't needing much at the moment. Haven't checked changes in pH since mixing but plants are fine with it. I just shake the bottles before use.

I'll be setting up an auto watering system soon, so will have a res and airstone in it - but likely to keep the res size small so I can refresh more regularly just in case. How much and how often I'll see once I work out feeding rates - keen to do high frequency fertigation, maybe 5x a day for two plants

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Either or, still best practice if you keep a res to monitor the PH of it in case it starts to drift.

With res's I personally stopped using airstones, and switched over to small aquarium wave makers to keep the solution moving and if set up right can still oxygenate the water.

How long you can store it will depend what your putting in there. With just salts can last over a week easy.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
You could keep it there indefinitely there's nothing using it and no rubbish running back into it so you don't have to worry about recirc practices.

As long as you have the basics sorted (vigorous healthy plants) the next thing to look at is better flavour.

Last edited:

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I make 60 litres at a time , gravity feed through a hose with a tap on end

The hose 6m long, stays at 6.2 consistent

The tub cost $10 at Bunnings

It has a lid so I drilled hole for hose and use lid to keep bugs etc out of res

it sits on shelf just over a metre high outside tents

Saves heaps of time and effort

But you need to use a nutrient that doesn't need PH up or down , to be honest I haven't used any for a very long time

My cana coco goes straight to 6.2 no matter what EC I desire

As long as it's at least 0.8 it's holds ph perfect Every time

IMO using PH up and down isn't ideal , so why if you don't have too

Many benefits in not cutting corners when it comes to a quality nutrient

From my experience, when you use a lower quality nutrient thats when you need to add supplements, the better the quality nutrient solution no extras needed

If you using a nutrient that requires PH up or down it might be time to look elsewhere

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
Yeah fair enough Mic, Next time i'll have to look at getting some better nutes. I'll run with stuff i've got for now. But something ill look into for a future grow for sure. (y)

Postman pat

Curing
User ID
Do you add any of the extras mic? Pk or other? I'm using med tek if I just use a,b it stays at a perfect 5.8 but soon as I add pk it drops to 4, add connoisseurs it brings it back too 6.4 within 24hours, but the swings are big everyday between 1 and 1.5

Postman pat

Curing
User ID
I use a food grade 44, don't bubble it just have it recirculating from bottom to top, get around 3 days from that. Might try a small water tank next run

Madmick

Baked
User ID
No pat not really

Bit on monster grow and monster bud , I think

Not really additives more tonics to kick off the start of each phase

Since I've been using Cali pro in flower never needed to , seems to produce good size buds with plenty of terps and trichs which taste really good

Top Bottom