Home security system

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
G'day. I'm looking for a home security system ( camera). Needs to have 3 features: 1. Auto activated on proximity, and 2. Needs to record/capture the vision. 3. Need to be able to view in real time, when activated by motion. I'll set it up alongside a movement sensor light, on the *outside* of my home. Anyone familiar with a security system that can do all 3 things? Thanks.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
G'day. I'm looking for a home security system ( camera). Needs to have 3 features: 1. Auto activated on proximity, and 2. Needs to record/capture the vision. 3. Need to be able to view in real time, when activated by motion. I'll set it up alongside a movement sensor light, on the *outside* of my home. Anyone familiar with a security system that can do all 3 things? Thanks.
every home needs one
plus 4 dogs & wolf to keep the teens out

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I've been using Reolink, since my motorcycle got stolen (fucking cunts). Moderate price, easy set-up, with both battery + solar power. Having both solar or hardwired power AND battery is important, because they work during power outages and cutting the solar cable doesn't do shit (battery is good for 3 days).

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
Swan security cameras from bunnings

4 cameras , can get more

I can see in real time when on fishing trips

Hardwire install
yeah I've been looking at similar units as well as a UPS to go with it , a Uninterruptible Power Supplies is a must have i reckon but all components need to be connected , if your using a network based system but you don't connect the network to the UPS as well , it defeats the purpose of tying to monitor via your device

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
I use 2 ring security Cameras they are brilliant has the added bonus of talking through it aswell good to keep an eye on the dog great night vision can’t fault it really Said dog is a bull mastiff x pitty he doesn’t work very well as he has been softened by the mrs n kids and would sleep through any burglar or get a pat on the way out👍

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Ring® have a track record of granting police access to user's device/video without warrant in the old US of A. Not sure how they operate here, but I'd be looking into that before using their products :unsure:.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Ring® have a track record of granting police access to user's device/video without warrant in the old US of A. Not sure how they operate here, but I'd be looking into that before using their products :unsure:.
I want that feature for my daughter's place. Old mate that she has an AVO against, is playing peeping Tom at night. I also want one at my place , in case the chicks around here are peeping into my bedroom at night . 😭

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I want that feature for my daughter's place. Old mate that she has an AVO against, is playing peeping Tom at night. I also want one at my place , in case the chicks around here are peeping into my bedroom at night . 😭
Has she got room for a couple of geese? Those fuckers go as hard as any guard dog and make a lot more noise. Added bonus being that they are less heartbreaking to put down than a dog after they've done their job and attacked the grub 🤷‍♂️ .

benn0

Baked
User ID
Ring is cancer.
My sister has Anko/Mirrabella door-bell and security camera and they go alright

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
Well I’ve got 2 of them had em for nearly 2 years 1 looks after the growroom 1 the house so if the cops are watching they ain’t to bright😂 but yea they are I think 6$ a month for storage which I didn’t know before I bought em👍

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I've been using Reolink, since my motorcycle got stolen (fucking cunts). Moderate price, easy set-up, with both battery + solar power. Having both solar or hardwired power AND battery is important, because they work during power outages and cutting the solar cable doesn't do shit (battery is good for 3 days).
I have a special (re-education) program for motorbike thieves.. They find it almost impossible to reoffend after.. also to wear a watch, but at least they never have the tedious task of trimming fingernails an such anymore.. In the same basket as rock spiders and lazy fkn putrid cunts who pinch other peoples plants.. Cameras would be great to help track em down and help them out with some friendly advice an stuff..

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I have a special (re-education) program for motorbike thieves.. They find it almost impossible to reoffend after.. also to wear a watch, but at least they never have the tedious task of trimming fingernails an such anymore.. In the same basket as rock spiders and lazy fkn putrid cunts who pinch other peoples plants.. Cameras would be great to help track em down and help them out with some friendly advice an stuff..

The teenage shits that stole my motorcycle took the coppers on a OJ Simpson ride through the Hobart northern burbs. The cops actually called me from the chase car to see if I was fucker blasting through school zones and red lights. I was on day #1 of a long awaited holiday in Melbs. Tuned Triumph ST with a full tank of petrol vs cop car, the cops never stood a chance. They dumped it in a creek and torched the only brand-new vehicle I've ever purchased. Now I have security cameras and no motorcycle. Get the cameras BEFORE some selfish waste-of-life steals your stuff....

Top Bottom