Grow box to outdoors

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hi all
So i got this grow box as you may have seen …

anyway the plan is to take them outdoors in spring when already well and truly underway so they have a head start and I can get a few monsters.

Currently they are on 16/8

I’m wondering when it would be a good idea to put in the ground so they won’t go to flower immediately.
I’m guessing towards the end of September would be safe.
I’m in Perth.
Any advice ?
Thanks

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Hi all
So i got this grow box as you may have seen …

anyway the plan is to take them outdoors in spring when already well and truly underway so they have a head start and I can get a few monsters.

Currently they are on 16/8

I’m wondering when it would be a good idea to put in the ground so they won’t go to flower immediately.
I’m guessing towards the end of September would be safe.
I’m in Perth.
Any advice ?
Thanks
You’ll have issues if you don’t provide some kind of light outside for an hour or 2, even just a. Cheap solar powered flood light or something. You’ll also want to put them on 14/10 for a few weeks before throwing them outside.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
From 18/6 light cycle, they will almost certainly trigger flowering if taken outside before end October(13 hours of daylight) Need to interrupt the outdoor dark cycle to keep them in veg. But that could potentially draw attention to your grow, unless you live in a very secluded area. Lighting up your outdoor mull plants for an hour each night would work, if youre in a remote location.

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
keep them indoors until late sept like you mentioned. can start taking them out during the day to help harden them off before committing them to the great outdoors full time

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ok firstly I changed to 17/7 and will reduce over the next month or so

The older one either has more pre flowers thank I’ve ever seen or it’s starting to flower.
hasn’t stretched so I’m guessing the former. We shall see. But still has some issues
See the colours of the leaves ?
deficient in something ?

3B51F632-7724-4FAA-BD1C-90E27245C148.jpeg

getting cramped. Come on sunshine. Haha shit.
D03F0115-7181-4FDF-B39E-C70F6275FFAB.jpeg

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Ok firstly I changed to 17/7 and will reduce over the next month or so

The older one either has more pre flowers thank I’ve ever seen or it’s starting to flower.
hasn’t stretched so I’m guessing the former. We shall see. But still has some issues
See the colours of the leaves ?
deficient in something ?

View attachment 15531

getting cramped. Come on sunshine. Haha shit.
View attachment 15532
Looks like excess (maybe nitrogen/potassium) or lockout of magnesium. Maybe both. Mag def is probably masking calcium def.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Thanks all
I checked and PH was quite high
Flushed and she is looking better. Not perfect but improving already.
still covered in hairs but doesn’t seem to be going into flower just more and more prominent pre flowers than I am used to (?)
Hope I still have room when it’s safe to take outside and not start flowering straight away. If not early harvest I guess. Dunno. Never reveged before.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Plants will almost definitely trigger start of flowering if you move them outside now. Reveg outdoors can stall plant growth for about 5- 6 weeks. ( indoors/extra light hours can reveg much faster).

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Plants will almost definitely trigger start of flowering if you move them outside now. Reveg outdoors can stall plant growth for about 5- 6 weeks. ( indoors/extra light hours can reveg much faster).
Yeah I won’t take them out yet
Just hoping there’s still room in there by the time it’s safe to take out
End of the month

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I won’t take them out yet
Just hoping there’s still room in there by the time it’s safe to take out
End of the month
From 18/6 indoors, may still risk triggering flowering if you take them outside 1 Oct. If you can provide 1 hour of supplemental light outdoors each night until say early Nov you should be able to keep them in veg. All strains trigger differently in outdoor environments, so there's no absolute answer on if/when they will trigger early. The same could be said about women - we don't know if/when they will trigger into a fit.🤣

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Haha yeah. Well there’s a few young ones in there that should be fine
I’ve been reducing the light slowly so now at 17/7
We shall see

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So what do you reckon ? Preflowers or really flowering?

I’ve never had this many pre flowers before but they don’t seem to be growing or changing. And the plant isn’t or didn’t stretch.
88837F31-691E-4404-90B6-70D8531B8CBA.jpeg250C78C4-8F1F-4257-9D60-5678A6293C80.jpegF4A8016B-F466-4AFB-845E-7F64928E5C8E.jpeg

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
I'm pretty sure I had the same worry when I had mine growing and people said the same thing as Sedge.

Nice looking plants, but is there a bit of tip burn?

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Thanks folks.
good. I hoped just preflowers but never seen them so prominent before.
There is a little too burn but the newer growth seems to be improving after adjusting the ph
Also I turned the light down. I think it was too much for her and things looking better.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Despite my efforts they went into flower.
Will leave outside now. Maybe they will reveg. Maybe not.
the cbd strain was hermy so it’s gone.

three smaller ones still on the box. Will take outside when day light hours match 14/10 or a bit after.673755A2-B3F8-4239-B376-D97E372B1B47.jpeg

Top Bottom