Govee Wi-Fi Thermo-Hygrometer

Indy

Misfit
User ID
A couple of months back I was on the hunt for some new Hygrometers. Previously (years ago) i had been using the cheap digital ones, but as you do, i'd grown tired of the chore of checking various hygrometers and memorising the stats each day. So i explored what options are on the market today, and quite often these Govee Wi-Fi Thermo-Hygrometer (Model: H5179) kept popping up in reviews. Considering the extensive data logging, I thought I'd give a couple a go. Once I got the new grow tent set up, I hung one at the plants canopy height, and the other up towards he ceiling of the tent, just below scrubber.

Anyway, after a month of using them. I found i had to purchase a couple more as they proved to very worthwhile addition to the grow. So now i get real time stats (refreshed every 10mins), and alerts, anywhere around the country via the Govee App (Android, iPhone).

Govee_001.jpg

So with the 4 of them, I have 2 within the Tent. One at the plants Canopy height and the other in the Ceiling. Then one in the room that the tent is in, and the other outside under the verandah doing the outdoor temp. With those locations combined, it now gives me a good indication to how i'm managing Temperatures, and where and what areas i need to improve on.

It logs Temperature, Relative Humidity, Dew Point and VPD. And can display that in either Hour, Day, Week, Month or Year graphs. As well as being able to export the data.

I'm not a religious bloke, but i regard these as a god send, lol. Thank fuck we don't have to log data the old school way for fault finding.

Fortunately, I got mine while they were on special at Amazon

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Second these units. I got a similar one from Inkbird on special and it is rubbish compared - battery life sucks and app isn't as good. These Govee ones are nifty and have several now as well. Amazon often have them on special too - I'm waiting for that next cycle to grab another one or two

Top Bottom