Forum Live Chat

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
What could be a bonus, if the chat function operated as its own pop-up page by itself. That way it didn't get lost so easily in amongst all the other pages I'd have open in a browser.

And for whatever reason (probably my fuck up), whenever I'd go to bring up the chat page again. I would've either timed out of the chat room, or I'd step back outside of it somehow.

Just a thought.

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
What could be a bonus, if the chat function operated as its own pop-up page by itself. That way it didn't get lost so easily in amongst all the other pages I'd have open in a browser.

And for whatever reason (probably my fuck up), whenever I'd go to bring up the chat page again. I would've either timed out of the chat room, or I'd step back outside of it somehow.

Just a thought.
I agree - and have noticed I get timed out too and then no one thinks I'm there with the "1" showing up top for others.

Bear777

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
I only just noticed the number beside the chat showing how many in chat as I have been clicking the chat button on the right of the page to look and see if anyones in there. Never saw anyone there yet, but I haven't stayed in there long. Will have to pop in there again

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I only just noticed the number beside the chat showing how many in chat as I have been clicking the chat button on the right of the page to look and see if anyones in there. Never saw anyone there yet, but I haven't stayed in there long. Will have to pop in there again
Don't forget you have to click join room to actually be in there and show up for others! The more of us get into the habit of joining when we're lurking the more chance of some live conversation!

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Chat has some reasonable security measures.

When you join chat, you won’t see any messages sent in the chat prior.

If you are idle too long. Booted.

If you change networks (phone to computer for example). Booted.

It was designed with privacy in mind. Perhaps a little over the top, but try it out and can evolve with feedback and suggestions ;)

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I've noticed that most sites where I've seen the chat flourishing have the live chat windowed/inlaid as part of the main/welcome page. Otherwise it's "out of site & out of mind" and tends to get forgotten about 🤷‍♂️.

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Chat has some reasonable security measures.

When you join chat, you won’t see any messages sent in the chat prior.

If you are idle too long. Booted.

If you change networks (phone to computer for example). Booted.

It was designed with privacy in mind. Perhaps a little over the top, but try it out and can evolve with feedback and suggestions ;)
Figured it was security reasons, I've noticed it a lot switching from data to wifi 😆

Think I'd still prefer the security and peace of mind.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I've noticed that most sites where I've seen the chat flourishing have the live chat windowed/inlaid as part of the main/welcome page. Otherwise it's "out of site & out of mind" and tends to get forgotten about 🤷‍♂️.

So you can see what’s being said in chat on the opening page?

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Yep, that way you can see the conversation and jump in if you've got something to ad / want to call someone a cunt.
Sounds good actually.

There is the option for private chat groups also…

I’ll give it some thought.

Top Bottom