First try pollen chucking - a couple of questions

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
Just received my pollen from 7East, cool, was wondering if it would get through cuntoms and it did. Was just wondering how to store it and when is the best time to put it on a bud to start the pollination. Any info would be great.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Sent some fresh pollin to Gazza once , 3 if 4 day trip and he said didn't work

I used it and got seeds ?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Need to ask 7East Genetics that. He took your money, so he should offer some level of information/support. Ask him if he has posted pollen to Australia before and what success rate in actual pollination. (i.e. Produced seeds, and how many seeds), once it's been applied in Aus. Pollen in long term international transit is at high risk of losing fertility. I could be wrong, but I reckon the success rate into Aus wouldn't be that high.

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
Was wonder when to put it on the bud, how many weeks after flip. Kean to give it a try to see if it works and will keep you all posted.

JimboBlu

Vegetating
User ID
What are you hoping to pollinate? Is it also 7 East Gen strains or something else? Hope it goes well for you đź‘Ť

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Was wonder when to put it on the bud, how many weeks after flip. Kean to give it a try to see if it works and will keep you all posted.
usually about 3-4 weeks after flip then another 6 for the seeds to form and mature

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Why did you buy reg pollen ? If you already have regs from the supplier why would you ask for pollen. Doesn't make sense mate
I was just thinking the same why wouldn't you just keep a male or 2 and collect your own pollen

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
I was just thinking the same why wouldn't you just keep a male or 2 and collect your own pollen
Space, while in a rental and very little room. All i have is a 2x4 which i want for All bud, when we move to our own house things will be VERY different. Also have never done it before and just wanted to give it a go.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
male selection is pretty important , imo i don't think you can just take pollen from any male & expect to have a descent cross at the the end , female selection is allot easier because you have a bunch of criteria to evaluate , at the top of the list , what it smokes like & what it smells like , different criteria used to choose a male candidate , many breeders hold males selected close to there chests because a good male is hard to come by
no sure what selection criteria 7 east have gone through with there offerings

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
I know it's a long shot with it coming from overseas but until i finish my movable grow rooms, :cool: , i just wanted to give it a go and see what happens and if it works, no real loss if it doesn't. My next crop, after the one i have just started, I will be able to do some males and get my own pollen but I have patience issues sometimes and wanted to see if it works on the Bruce Banners i have in..

Top Bottom