F#@king grasshoppers

baxjr88

Vegetating
User ID
Hi all just wondering what is the best way to keep grasshoppers of ya plants Ive tried a few different sprays from Bunnings but had no success an advice would be great cheers 👍

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
remove all grasshoppers and cover with an insect mesh cover like you do with fruit trees make a frame up from what ever you want pvc pipe irrigation tube garden stakes what ever and monitior to make sure you have removed all the buggars and there is no access points you can spray after putting the cover on too
i use these for my cabbages in moth season they work a treat stopped my lettuce from being eaten as well

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
@durban kid I've been eyeing off these but they cost a bit so thinking about knocking one up myself. They'd be light enough to pick up straight over a plant, well until it got bigger obviously but could always remove the roof panel. And white mesh instead of black, it's harder to see through white shade clothe..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120-141906_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221120-141906_Chrome.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 9

TMP

Seedling
User ID
Neem oil which is cheapest bought online. It will need to be applied every 7-10 days though. "Success" is also a good product allowed as an organic control. Pyganic is an excellent contact control and is a non synthetic pyrethin with no withholding period. Grass hoppers are slower early morning, dusk and at night. A dyson or container of soapy water to drop them in at night is a good way to reduce the numbers quickly too. A healthy sized scooby in hand of course

Top Bottom