Emoji placement after posting

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Okay, so this has been an issue for years now and I've finally cracked the shits.
I use desktop Chrome, fully updated blah blah blah.

If I write a paragraph and put an emoji at the end, and then write a second paragraph and post it, the emoji ends up at the end of the whole post, which makes for some weirdness because sometimes I like to mix mix humour with anger in different paragraphs.

I can't figure out why it's doing it, I've tried monitoring the behaviour of the code but nothing stands out as the culprit.

Does anyone on Edge or Firefox or Opera experience the same thing?

@Billygoat Can you and Mod have a crack?

Edit: I just noticed that I brought this up last year, I might need to lay off the beverages for a bit, sorry folks

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Yep, same happens for me. Though, it only started for me a couple of months ago 🤔

I've tried on both PC and android versions of firefox, chrome & opera with same results 🤷‍♂️

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Same here, using Firefox. But with a bit of persistence i'll usually get it sorted.

I think from memory. you get cursor on the left side of the emoji, then create another paragraph, then use backspace to get it back where you want it. Guessing there's a coding-glitch somewhere. As it only appeared about 3-4 months back (to me). All forum functions worked perfectly before then. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom