Drying setup …

Tugboat

Vegetating
User ID
Looking to leverage fellow TSE’ers experience / advice / tips with regards to discrete drying setups.

In the distant past when harvesting I had the luxury of a fairly large sized space with a good environment where I could hang whole plants without having to worry too much about odour / ventilation.

At present I’ll have to setup something a lot more discrete and am looking at using an inexpensive grow tent setup with a small exhaust fan/carbon filter.

Anyone else running a tent for drying? Do you just exhaust out via a carbon scrubber on a low setting?

Obviously don’t wanna mould it up by recirculating air inside the tent via a scrubber without exhausting (unless humidity permits) - but also don’t wanna lose all the sweet terps in the drying process with an over the top air exchange drying the herb too quickly 🤷🏻‍♂️

Probably overthinking it … anyways keen to learn from others experience

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Looking to leverage fellow TSE’ers experience / advice / tips with regards to discrete drying setups.

In the distant past when harvesting I had the luxury of a fairly large sized space with a good environment where I could hang whole plants without having to worry too much about odour / ventilation.

At present I’ll have to setup something a lot more discrete and am looking at using an inexpensive grow tent setup with a small exhaust fan/carbon filter.

Anyone else running a tent for drying? Do you just exhaust out via a carbon scrubber on a low setting?

Obviously don’t wanna mould it up by recirculating air inside the tent via a scrubber without exhausting (unless humidity permits) - but also don’t wanna lose all the sweet terps in the drying process with an over the top air exchange drying the herb too quickly 🤷🏻‍♂️

Probably overthinking it … anyways keen to learn from others experience
Yeah just have your extraction on nice and low!!

pug

Vegetating
User ID
what sedge said works the easiest and best.

if you want to keep growing while you dry, you can pull the air through a small dry tent into your main tent using the same cf/fan.

Attachments

• tent on top1 web.jpg
    tent on top1 web.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 25
  • tent on top2 web.jpg
    tent on top2 web.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 25

Tugboat

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks all ... will hang as planned in a dedicated tent - exhausting out via carbon on as low a setting as humidity permits. Will run a little 6inch fan blowing into a bottom corner away from plants for a lil air movement. Dehum not really an option - but will be indoors and more protected from elements than the grow space - so hopefully not an issue.

Cheers :cool:

pug

Vegetating
User ID
hey tugboat :)

i'm not sure how much you are drying mate (or how humid and hot the environment), but even in a 1x1 x2m tent, i've found that the exhaust fan provides enough airflow - i haven't ever bothered with a circulating fan.

if you are in a really humid and warm area with a few plants to dry ... the easiest way would be to set your dedicated dry tent (with a cf/exhaust fan) in an aircon room. on 'cool' function, an aircon will normally keep the humidity around 60%, by constantly checking temps and coming on when needed - just need to set a temp that ensures it comes on. :)

if set to 'dry' function, i've found that an aircon usually works more on a timed setting, coming on at set times (every 10 or 15 mins) or so, regardless of humidity. hopefully someone has more info on this, as i'd love to find an aircon that actually could be set properly based on humidity.

if you don't have access to an aircon room and are worried about stale air, you can also hang your plants so that most of the buds are in direct line from the intake vents to the cf. you could also do a pre-trim before cutting your plants to remove all the big fan leaves - i even take a fair bit more leaves off, starting a few days before harvest, while the plant is still in soil. you could also hang your plant for a couple of days and monitor humidity ... if it is too high for your liking, you could then cut individual stems and hang them.

the aircon room is a nice relaxed option, if possible.:)

Tugboat

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks Pug 👍🏻 … only drying the results of the grow in my grow log posted here this time round so not heaps. No aircon avail :( … grabbed myself a thermometer / hygrometer online so when it arrives gonna monitor the area I plan to use and see what it normally sits at humidity/temp wise and go from there

Top Bottom