Drying question

Bear777

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Can you dry in your tent if you still have some that aren't finished yet? I was wondering what a person does when some are ready to harvest and some still aren't. Do you have to use somewhere else with another carbon filter fan set up and dehumidifier if they end up not ready all at the same time.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
get a few large packing boxes and tape em together. you only need a very slight amount of air flow for drying so you could even just redirect it into your main tent with a small 12V fan so it gets scrubbed by your main setup. its not ideal but its a very low cost option if $ is the issue

Last edited:

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
in " my perfect world " i would dry in the dark with a little air flow as bullfrog mentioned but you'd want that air flow to be sucking air away from hanging buds not blowing at them , i would also control temp & humidity , keeping temps between 16 & 20c & humidity close to 60% , the reason for controlling temps is to retain as much terpene as possible , those numbers should have buds ready to smoke in about 11 to 14 days = start sample smoking around day 11/12 to check for moisture content before considering jarring / storage , of cause timming gets fit in somewhere too

good luck with it & enjoy the fruits of your labour

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
get a few large packing boxes and tape em together. you only need a very slight amount of air flow for drying so you could even just redirect it into your main tent with a small 12V fan so it gets scrubbed by your main setup. its not ideal but its a very low cost option if $ is the issue

The best boxes for this are the removalist wardrobe boxes. You can use the cross bar to hang the buds from. String or whatever you've got handy. You can buy them from removalists or most National Storage shops.

25a9005c830a7912fe43f13e0619eef7.jpg

Bear777

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Thanks for the insight. I still have to get some seeds to germinate, so I have some time to figure out which way will work for me. I didn't know that the humidity to aim for during drying is very similar to what is recommended for storage. It's good to know there's a few options depending on the budget.

Top Bottom