Dry Sift Hash Screens

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Hey all as the title suggests I am looking for advice on where to get decent quality screens for making dry sift hash
from frozen and cured weed.
looked at some of the elcheapo ebay ones and they look shit
the yanks make good ones by the looks but pricey
anyone know local retailers Thanks in advance

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

pug

Vegetating
User ID
haven't looked for a while HGO, but last time i checked, screen printing supply shops had some decent screens at all different sizes, materials and qualities.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Hey all as the title suggests I am looking for advice on where to get decent quality screens for making dry sift hash
from frozen and cured weed.
looked at some of the elcheapo ebay ones and they look shit
the yanks make good ones by the looks but pricey
anyone know local retailers Thanks in advance
+1 for Pug. Screen printing wholesalers. You can use silkscreen, but silk is delicate. Printing mesh is nylon, much more hardy.

I've made a few hash screens and shakers for making drysift.
The first couple were old picture frames covered in screen printing mesh and they worked well, but a lot of work to process.
Then I automated the processes using an old oven rotisserie and a bucket with square holes cut in the wall. Those holes covered in mesh. It worked OK, but there was no housing around the tumbler drum, so the hash dust just floated in the air, DOH. My housecleaner/wife was less than happy.
The next incarnation was housed in a steel box, no floating hash dust then. "Happy wife, happy life" (or so they reckon:rolleyes:;))
The tumblers are great for getting the bulk crystals, then to refine I have a few shakers. My initial shakers were hand shakers. A cooking stock container with a screwtop lid. Cut a round hole in the lid, covering the hole with mesh, then shake the crystals thru the mesh. You can purchase different grades of mesh and make specific lids for each grade.
Again, I got pissed off with sitting there shaking and shaking and shaking, so I automated the process using an old air pump and a stainless steel tea strainer.

An issue with drysift is that it oxidises. To slow this process down I press the dust into blocks or as some people have called them 'Pucks'.

The 'Processing Unit' :
gallery_24238_895_463756.jpg

The end result.
gallery_24238_895_223599.jpg

krazykatz69

Blooming
User ID
+1 for Pug. Screen printing wholesalers. You can use silkscreen, but silk is delicate. Printing mesh is nylon, much more hardy.

I've made a few hash screens and shakers for making drysift.
The first couple were old picture frames covered in screen printing mesh and they worked well, but a lot of work to process.
Then I automated the processes using an old oven rotisserie and a bucket with square holes cut in the wall. Those holes covered in mesh. It worked OK, but there was no housing around the tumbler drum, so the hash dust just floated in the air, DOH. My housecleaner/wife was less than happy.
The next incarnation was housed in a steel box, no floating hash dust then. "Happy wife, happy life" (or so they reckon:rolleyes:;))
The tumblers are great for getting the bulk crystals, then to refine I have a few shakers. My initial shakers were hand shakers. A cooking stock container with a screwtop lid. Cut a round hole in the lid, covering the hole with mesh, then shake the crystals thru the mesh. You can purchase different grades of mesh and make specific lids for each grade.
Again, I got pissed off with sitting there shaking and shaking and shaking, so I automated the process using an old air pump and a stainless steel tea strainer.

An issue with drysift is that it oxidises. To slow this process down I press the dust into blocks or as some people have called them 'Pucks'.

The 'Processing Unit' :
gallery_24238_895_463756.jpg

The end result.
gallery_24238_895_223599.jpg
Would love to see some pics of your rigs!

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Hey Krazy,
You wanted some pics of the tumblers and here they are.
This first one I was given in pieces to repair. Repaired it, returned it to the owner, who went on an extended, all expenses paid holiday (in a jail cell). Before he departed he donated it back to me.
DSC_0727.JPG
This was the 2nd incarnation, using the gearbox out of an old washing machine as the drive
DSC_0723.JPG

And then here's a link on how I made the 3rd version, well, the 3rd completed version (There were a couple of others that fizzled in the planning/design stages.)
Each one of these has it's own pro's/con's
https://cannabis.community.forums.o...in-in-just-a-pic-dump/?view=findpost&p=382399

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
P.S. In a former post above I mention "I got pissed off with sitting there shaking and shaking and shaking, so I automated the process using an old air pump and a stainless steel tea strainer." If you click on that pic-dump link above and scroll up there's a clear pic of the device

Top Bottom