Dry or Wet Trim? Why? Trimming Machines?

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
Do you wet or dry trim? Why?

Do you buck buds off stem to dry? Why?

Anyone had any experience with any high end trimming machines?

Personally I wet trim everything, and buck all buds off stems and lay them out on a multi layer dry rack. I do this so I can hang the rack inside a grow tent with an extraction fan and carbon filter to minimise smell, and avoid double handling the buds later.

Canadians and Yanks that I talk to all think I'm crazy for doing it like this, but being in prohibition land makes it hard to hang whole plants / branches up and then dry trim everything later... I like getting it all done as quick as I can.

Now trimming machines, anyone had any experience with the small twisters or centurions? I have a 'Trim Reaper' which is ok for some buds but some buds come out a bit rough and it chops off alot of good bits, but still better than doing alot of that smaller shit by hand, and the trim gets used in concentrates anyway so it's not fully 'lost'. Looking to upgrade in the future but unsure which to get?

Cheers.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
D

Deleted member cpr

I like to wet trim because it's easier than dry trimming. I don't like bucking boards because they leave tails on the buds. Don't mind the USA crowd, generally they can't see past their own noses and always tell you that their system is best.

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
I like to wet trim because it's easier than dry trimming. I don't like bucking boards because they leave tails on the buds. Don't mind the USA crowd, generally they can't see past their own noses and always tell you that their system is best.

They just prefer dry trimming because it saves terpenes and no flat spots on the buds I think.

Dry trimming is definately superior product.

I have a couple Canna-Brushes for dry trimming but havnt had a chance to use them yet. Pretty much just a silicon turkey basting brush.

vostok

Blooming
User ID
A mate made one of these for me, I used it for 2 weeks
and went back to the work by hand, a great machine tho.

Then theirs this and other finger wasters ....lol
be warned ...you bleed with commercial machines too

the answer could be at your feet?? ...lol

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
You young blokes are girls blouses ffs man the curved surgical scissors and have a go .
Yous wanna new gadget to do every chores
sometimes you gotta just head down and into it.
Next thing you know we be drowning in a sea of broken gadgets.
Hey Billy can I change my name to "cynical oldfark"✂️✌🏻

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Haha old fark I agree unless you are trimming 20lbs regularly.
I like to trim wet and strip buds down to golf ball nugs. Than lay it all out on big fly screens with fans blowing on the room to keep humidity down. I break buds down to be sure any mouldy buds are found before whole tops are ruined for good. It's amazing what you find deep inside big colas sometimes.
Dry trim when you have so much pot you possibly couldn't get to it all whilst wet, that's my two cents anyway

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Wet trimming is for schmucks😂.....put all your fresh buds in the freezer. You won't taste any better anywhere than freeze dried buds. 👍 Most frozen leaves are easily snapped off by hand, but a light dry trim is still needed.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I’m such an older bastard I don’t really even trim haha
I wet trim the large leaves only
Hang the whole plant to dry
Then cut to jar and cure but leave the small leaves on.
We used to smoke leaf anyway and heavily trimmed buds look like the way women shave their lady biota nowadays.
Yes I’m old

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I’m such an older bastard I don’t really even trim haha
I wet trim the large leaves only
Hang the whole plant to dry
Then cut to jar and cure but leave the small leaves on.
We used to smoke leaf anyway and heavily trimmed buds look like the way women shave their lady biota nowadays.
Yes I’m old
Decades ago, leaf was always a given in bags of Aussie outdoor sativas. The Europeans ( mainly Dutch) taught us another way from 1990s. I like mine trimmed.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Decades ago, leaf was always a given in bags of Aussie outdoor sativas. The Europeans ( mainly Dutch) taught us another way from 1990s. I like mine trimmed.
I used to get the trim from the harvest when i didn't grow but had a friend who did.

and years ago used to buy sticks in alfoil ...good old aussie bush weed as I knew it.

This last year I been mainly smoking what buds the theives didn't get, some canna butter I made from a hermie and leaf until recently taxing buds from true blue lolol

needs must :)

Top Bottom