Dabs, extracts and related - how do I smoke it?

ED-209

Vegetating
User ID
Ok forum I feel a little goofy posting this, but I'm a bit old school and don't know about this one: dabs, dabs! oils and extracts. How do I smoke it?

I was interested in making some ethanol extract as I have plant and plenty of high proof ethanol. But then I'm not sure how to get it into my bloodstream. I did a look and it seems I can use an 'oil rig' (takes me back to chemistry class that...) which is some sort of fancy bong setup. I had a look at a couple of retailers and I hate all the colourful, gimicky looking stuff aimed at smokers. I just want a bong that tastes like real bong. So to you dear reader, if you do smoke extracts, what gear do you use, what should I buy? Is this even worth the effort?

A vapouriser seems like it might be a better way to go, but a) not wanting to spend much and b) unsure if I really need to get high tech. I like somethings simple in my life

Cheers!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Ok forum I feel a little goofy posting this, but I'm a bit old school and don't know about this one: dabs, dabs! oils and extracts. How do I smoke it?

I was interested in making some ethanol extract as I have plant and plenty of high proof ethanol. But then I'm not sure how to get it into my bloodstream. I did a look and it seems I can use an 'oil rig' (takes me back to chemistry class that...) which is some sort of fancy bong setup. I had a look at a couple of retailers and I hate all the colourful, gimicky looking stuff aimed at smokers. I just want a bong that tastes like real bong. So to you dear reader, if you do smoke extracts, what gear do you use, what should I buy? Is this even worth the effort?

A vapouriser seems like it might be a better way to go, but a) not wanting to spend much and b) unsure if I really need to get high tech. I like somethings simple in my life

Cheers!
If you have high proof alcohol just make a tincture and take it sublingual. Drops under tongue and don’t swallow. Just let it absorb through the skin membrane. I plan on making some once I buy the right alcohol. Works quicker than edibles but slower than smoke/vape.

ED-209

Vegetating
User ID
Good suggestion Aye - probably the healthiest option. Which is kinda why I was thinking of trying to make extract, to be a bit kinder on my lungs. Probably the best starting point as it's no cost! haha, and means I can crack on with making extract rather than waiting for what to do with it. That said, I do also like the idea of a quick hit in those desperate times, so still interested in some gear if worth it

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Pre grow, I planned on making a DIY rosin press. :cool:

Then I seen how much dab rigs cost. o_O

I'm getting a vape instead, it's not here yet. I've never vaped in my life but can't wait to start.

Some have an attachment for vaping wax, shatter, oil, rosin and hash concentrates.

For someone who has smoked for over 30 years, I knew nothing. Still don't.

Other than hash, I'd never heard of these other concentrates until researching my first grow.

Since a lot of the USA have legalised recreational use, all this shit is on the shelf now I'd be in heaven, in one of their dispensaries.

I'll try one of everything thanks waiter! :love:

Top Bottom