Comparison grow coming soon 🤪

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Hey crew
My first post using the new forum so thought I’d stir the pot and hopefully come up with some answers !

just went and bought theHLG 260v2 LED to trial

I’ve Only ever used 600w HPS the last 2 years - I’m still a novice grower but I’d like to think I’m slowly evolving into a Green Thumb . I’ve tried straight coco, perlite, perlite coco mix, dwc, vermiculite perlite and now I’m back to coco with 30 percent perlite - it’s what works for me anyway.
Been running some 90x90cm tents- veg with MH 600 conversions and bloom with 600hps digital ballasts . I’ve been getting anywhere between 10-15 pedros per tent .
Veg times are around 4 weeks from clone with a rough 8-10 week flower depending on strain .

im going to have the seperate tents , but with the same nutrients and environmental factors ... all identical except for the lighting . (Within reason I’m not a science lab)
scrog set up with roughly 3-4 week veg time from clone - all the same clones(strain) in 2x 50L pots per tent drain to waste on an auto feed system for 1min a day about 5-8L a feed (total guess I’ve never measured it )

anyway I’ve got about a month till I’m set up and will keep ya updated
Stay safe

Jimboss

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Ye
best of luck, hopefully gonna use cuttings of same plant?
hey frank
Yeah mate gonna run cuttings all of the same plant - it’s one I had last grow that performed pretty well some sort of Super Skunk hybrid an old mate has been growing for years . I’ve got a mother plant of it now and just started rooting in the aero cloner so I’ll pot them all into little pots soon under my 250w MH HID so they are all same veg time etc - I’ll count veg time once I’ve put them into their 50L pots and once the net is 3/4 full
I find the little bit of stretch works well to fill the tent

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Current grow under 600s - mega bud in a 50L and 2 OG kush in 27s
Next strain will be super skunk in both tents though !

Attachments

• 880696AB-797F-4404-B00F-B5A668C3A610.jpeg
    880696AB-797F-4404-B00F-B5A668C3A610.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 14
  • BE3048C4-3DE6-49BC-AE93-EA66E467058E.jpeg
    BE3048C4-3DE6-49BC-AE93-EA66E467058E.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 18

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Super Skunk from which breeder?
A mates had the strain growing the last couple of years so not exactly sure what breeder but it was great smoke - couldn’t get hold of another clone last time cause I had a power outage and forgot to reply in my aero cloner - checked 2 days later and the clones were dead 💀 lucky I’d popped a few seeds which got me running this round
Not making that mistake this time haha

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
So I’ve just transferred a few clones in the red plastic beer pong style cups with some perlite on the bottom , a coco perlite mix through the guts and a bit of perlite on top . I usually do this in my grows to help keep the bottom and top dry to avoid fungus gnat infestations.

justthought of something which has probably been done but I’ve never read anyone doing it . - if I used clear plastic cups instead then I could watch the root formation and know when to transplant but put them inside a red cup so the light won’t get to the roots etc ?

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Just put the new HLG260 into its new home for the comparison grow.
these buds were under a 600hps the last 7 weeks so ARE NOT the result of this light .......
finished wiring and putting it in an hour ago. Going to finish the rest of this grow under it anyway cause I was too excited to see how it would look .

looking forward to it !

Attachments

• 85D6D50F-091A-4B7A-A4B5-BFF4E76AF3E6.jpeg
    85D6D50F-091A-4B7A-A4B5-BFF4E76AF3E6.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 9
Top Bottom