Commerical Organic Soils and Commerical Organic fertilzer

User ID
Commercial Soils from hardware stores - some have to be special order in at bunnings *(searles) . Rocky Point is at various stores, as listed on their website

Searles Premium Organic Potting Mix is a premium grade potting mix containing a unique blend of selected organic ingredients. This organic potting mix is boosted with:

- 5IN1® Organic Fertiliser Pellets
- SeaMax® Fish & Kelp
- Blood & Bone
- Potash Bloom Booster

This premium blend of organic and natural ingredients is designed for sustainable and organic growing of potted plants. This mix has excellent water retention properties while also allowing ideal drainage, providing the right conditions for your loved plants.

- This mix contains sufficient organic fertilisers for up to 1 month of plant growth, after which time we suggest an organic fertiliser such as SeaMax Fish & Kelp for further nutrient supply.

- Available Size: 10, 30 & 50 Litres

----------------------------------------
Love to use garden soil in the pots , as it has a ph between 6 - 7.5, though if in the 7s may be a bit high for Canna

Searles Premium Garden Soil is an excellent blend of composted ingredients including premium organic compost, organic animal manures, rich organic mulch and leaf mould, washed river sand and high quality loam. The end product is ready to use in garden beds and landscaping jobs, for building up existing gardens beds, breaking up heavy clay soils or improving sandy, deficient soils and very importantly, adding valuable humus.

Searles Premium Garden Soil has very good moisture holding capacity, making it very suitable for the Australian climate. It also contains a rich source of essential nutrients, trace elements and provides storage of nutrients for strong plant growth and development.

- Promotes plant, flower and vegetable growth.
- Excellent soil conditioner.
- Contains organic manure plus Premium Organic Compost.
- Boosted with 5 IN 1 Organic Fertiliser
- Helps retain soil moisture and nutrients to assist in plant growth.
- pH balanced between 6.0-7.5 units.
- Encourages microbial and earthworm activity.
- Helps break up and aerate heavy clay soils.
- Helps build up deficient sandy soils.
- Adds valuable long life humus to the soil, stimulating greater plant health.
- Brilliant for giving new plants a healthy start, boosting existing plants and top dressing lawns!

- Available size: 30 & 50 Litres

Searles has some nice organic ferts 2-3 month feeding. I havent tried them but they look good?

Kickalong® Fruit & Flower
- BFA Registered 100% organic and natural
- Premium high nutrient organic fertiliser boosted with high level of Potash
- Promotes strong healthy plant growth
- Promotes brilliant blooms
- Promotes fruit development and quality
- Adds long life humus build up to the soil, encouraging healthy microbial and earthworm activity
- NPK 4.4:3:6.6

Kickalong® Fruit & Flower is a new generation of organic fertiliser, delivering optimum nutrient ratio plus enhanced environmental protection. This product is a blend of premium organic and natural ingredients, for sustained healthy plant growth and vitality.

Kickalong® Fruit & Flower contains Blood & Bone plus Hoof & Horn, fish and seaweed nutrients, Potash bloom booster, Zeolite, plus trace elements, minerals and humic acid.

This product is designed to provide sustained plant growth over a 2-3 month period. The ingredient blend promotes excellent soil microbial health and vitality plus the addition of zeolite enhances the nutrient retention and delivery to plants, minimising leachate and providing excellent fertiliser response.

Due to the nutrient concentration of Kickalong®, this fertiliser delivers 2 to 3 times the normal strength of normal organic fertilisers, offering sound environmental awareness for the reduction of packaging and freight, and delivering maximum impact and plant response.

- Available Sizes: 2.5kg & 4kg.

---------------------
Rocky Point has some nice soils and ferts also.

ActiveGrow Pellets N 4.2 P 1.65 K 3.1 plus other nutes
This supercharged organic fertiliser is a healthy blend of composted organic Poultry Manure, Natural Gypsum, Sulphate of Potash, Fishmeal, Feathermeal, Meat Meal, Zeolite & Seaweed. All of these ingredients combined create a balanced nutrient rich growing environment to ensure spectacular growth. ActivGrow pellets are suitable for all garden types, and will deliver more flowers and blooms but is most popular for preparing and increasing yields in vegetable gardens.

ActivGrow fertiliser pellets are easy to spread and allow a more controlled release of organic fertiliser that will slowly dissolve into your soil around your plants. Organic pelletised fertilisers will break down over a 4-6 week period, becoming a vital part of your gardens growing cycle. Replenishing your tired soil with ActivGrow Fertiliser Pellets after a harvest or before a bloom, will give your soil a boost of essential nutrients and minerals to feed the new season of planting and growth.

Cheap potting mix $5 a bag
Benefits of Rocky Point Eco Potting Mix:

Eco Potting Mix contains a unique blend of composted organic materials, essential drainage components, lime, dolomite, iron, nitrogen and natural trace elements. Our product is prepared under strict quality control measures in keeping with Australian Standards and NIASA Best Practice to ensure ongoing consistency.

Eco Potting Mix meets the Australian standard for water holding capacity and air filled porosity, making it the ideal media for a vast range of plant types. It’s prepared under strict quality control measures and is regularly tested to ensure consistency

• With the addition of a balanced fertiliser like ActivGrow Fertiliser Pellets, this economical All Purpose Potting Mix will feed your plants for several months. (Note: After a few months, the addition of a controlled release fertiliser specific to your plant needs will continue to support growth and yield.)
  • Please note, good watering will encourage root growth and activation of fertilisers
  • Ideal for pots, planter boxes and garden beds
  • Suitable for re-potting of all types of plants
  • Practical mix for indoor and outdoor plants in any containers
  • Prepared and tested under strict conditions, this product is certified to Australian Standards 3743 for a Regular Grade Potting Mix
Currently on the old Searles i used in my first grow - searles advanced premium potting mix 12month time release ferts. I am thinking going back to searles organic potting mix with a maybe an organic fert or tiny bit of dolomite to lift ph

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Have you tried it? How far away porker? ✌🏻
I actually did an order with him then he got back to me and said sorry he don't deliver to NSW. He gave me a refund and that was it. He has some really nice looking soils. Carbs put me onto him. I just looked bill has it for sale in the shop here.
Not sure which mix bill has but the guy who makes it has a few different mixes.

User ID
Thanks Kloud9, i saw that link its QLD based, so i can get that. The Searles organic was a nice soil. just curious about the others

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I am out of stock of that soil, please don't buy any on the site. lol

I am also not entirely convinced of the contents of the soil. I am yet to grow anything in it, but believe @puggle6 will be soon. I will get some veggies in soon enough and do a side by side.

User ID
I am out of stock of that soil, please don't buy any on the site. lol

I am also not entirely convinced of the contents of the soil. I am yet to grow anything in it, but believe @puggle6 will be soon. I will get some veggies in soon enough and do a side by side.
Thanks Billy i wont buy the soil. Not sure whats in it, so Pugs will let us know how it goes then. in the meantime, might try some of the ogranics above for DR Grinspoon and NimSativa

Top Bottom