Chucking Curiosities

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Now I'm really getting bored.... Female, hermaphrodite or stock standard sati trait? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.IMG_20220108_175623.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Haha, yeah but none took the bait, y'all too smart.

I'll get the ball rolling, this particular plant throws nothing but 100% female flowers but I'm asserting that the condition leading this plant to grow a branch/bud at a preflower site is the same condition that leads male flowers to grow at the preflower sites.

It's not hermaphrodite but it's an hermaphrodite trait, it will become more confused. What say you?

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Haha, yeah but none took the bait, y'all too smart.

I'll get the ball rolling, this particular plant throws nothing but 100% female flowers but I'm asserting that the condition leading this plant to grow a branch/bud at a preflower site is the same condition that leads male flowers to grow at the preflower sites.

It's not hermaphrodite but it's an hermaphrodite trait, it will become more confused. What say you?
Would flowers growing in the middle of shade leaves be a similar thing?

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Would flowers growing in the middle of shade leaves be a similar thing?
No I don't think so. The position that a gene occupies on the genome is called the locus and the locus for each gene (or set of genes) is at exactly the same position for all members of the same species. If you took the locus for eyeballs and swapped them with the locus for testicles you'd end up with eyeballs in ya scrotum and testicle in ya eye sockets.

It's nature's way of ensuring that we can't hybridise with donkeys and that everything stays where its supposed to be. Apparently cannabis has a similar mechanism to prevent inbred depression in that they can identify self pollen, thus seeming sterile. Pollen itself is like a miniature seed, it needs to hydrate before it can germinate and grow a tube into the pistil and down to the ovule where it inserts sperm. The suits ponder they may regulate self pollination through hydration.

So anyway, I'm just extrapolating from the above here but I'm guessing that some genes containing instructions for flowers have crossed over to a locus that contains the instructions for leaf???

Last edited:

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Okay, what I'm trying to say is that random and anonymous growth at the preflower sites is a hermie trait. Whenever you find a hermie you find random growth down low at the preflower sites well before any male flowers develop and when you use hermie plants the problem complies, one or two flowers become a dozen, etc.

It's not the first time I've said this, I brought it up about 5yrs ago on OSA but it went crickets. I'll try to explain exactly what's happening.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
NOTE: You won't find this on Google because I pulled it out of my arse but with that said I'm not talking shit, just be mindful that it's an arseholes interpretation, lol. I assure you guys I don't get around pseudo sciencing cunts in real life, it's just an internet thing.

So in Ranis world a female plant has three different stages of flower (I made that up to explain it).

Stage 1: The pre-flower stage.
Stage 2: The true-flower stage.
Stage 3: The post-flower stage.

The preflower and postflower stages produce a single calyx structure while the true flower stage produces a multiple calyx structure. The single calyx structures are denoted with a red spot and the multiple calyx structures are denoted with a blue spot.
Preflower.jpgTrue Flower.jpgTrue Flower2.jpgPostflower.jpg

Male plants only have one stage of flower, all male flowers are of a singular structure and are denoted with a red spot. Bananas (nanas) are male flowers growing within the calyx.
MALE.jpgNANAS.jpgLeaf Bud.jpg

I can't be fucked atm but I'm going somewhere with this, I'll get back with a conclusion in the next couple of days.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
So getting back to the hermie thing, I have no idea about different stages of flower just that the red spot is different to the blue spot. There's something at the red spot that allows different types of growth to occur and I'm drawing a link between the singular structure of a male flower and the singular structure of the preflowers.

There's preflowers and true flowers, the reason I seperated them into 3 categories is because there's a point just before true flowers appear that the hermie action backs off and a point where it begins again.
Preflowers.jpgTrueFlower.jpgTrueflowers.jpg

Anyway a few years ago I realised they're a dominant phenotype (that's what I floated on OSA) then I realised they're actually a genotype. As a genotype the hermaphrodite gene is attached to the X chromosome ensuring a 50% ratio of males is always maintained (otherwise wild populations would eventually become 100% hermaphrodite).
20220218_160541.jpg

NOTE: This information came from an arsehole remember, it's not gospel.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
This is some people cool info mate.

Not that I’m at the level of cultivating to use this info but its really helpful to understand the differences and all your diagrams and pics just make it easy for brains to understand.

Top Bottom