Cheap lights

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Just having a scroll and thought I'd check out Fran's Hydroponics it's on the north side of Brisbane, I hadn't bothered looking because it 40 min away. They have some good stuff lots of AC Infinity gear and this light that would be a good choice for people looking at budget lights like spiderfarmer and Mars. Says they are pre assembled and tested here in AU so the fear of it catching alight

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Speaking of cheap lights I picked up a mars reflector 24 for the 2x4 the other week. Auction and an EOFYS voucher and it ended up around $135 off eBay. If only they were auctioning a bunch of them a while back. Nice footprint at 90cm, diodes packed real close toward the edge..
IMG_20240618_212013.jpg
Wouldn't pay full price though as the heatsink is paper thin in comparison to the kingbrite and greenfingers quantum boards here and I have no idea what the driver or diodes are. For $135 though it looks to be a way better option than the 65cm kingbrite with its uniform diode placement and crazy hotspot. It also has an annoying Perspex cover over the quantum board that is not 100% flat. It'll be removed immediately. IDK but having a Perspex sheet basically touching the diodes doesn't seem like the best heat dispersion method.

Last edited:

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
It was nice to have a light arrive in an unmarked box too for once so I do have to give mars credit for that. I have received way too many lights in my time with suspect shit all over the box. Had one rock up with an huge picture of the light on every side of the box. The picture was bigger than the damned light.

Top Bottom