Chasing VPD makes her moister than an oyster

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
I'm in mid flower with a massive SugaCane on one side of my tent and half a dozen ladies of various Jellybreaths, Thunderfucks and Sugacanes taking up the other side.

It's pretty damn full with not much spare room to the sides and above.

I've already done the last defol and the flowers are getting fat so long story.. long, there's a shitload of plant and shitloads of transpiration which has to be removed somehow which then left me wondering..

What methods to lower the Rh in your grow room have you tried, tested or even failed at? It could be the defoliation method of removing vegetation or perhaps introducing a heater into the mix which in itself brings its own issues. And then there's the obvious method of running dehumidifiers along with extraction fans.

But what happens when that'd not enough?

I'll be honest I never gave two shits about VPD until I learnt more about it and with too much thought put into it, it'd undoubtedly send you crazy.

Although I'm curious what others do to reach those targets or perhaps many don't even think about it.Screenshot_20230615_030551_YouTube.jpg

Check out the VPD chart below or above wherever I put it.

I'm only now discovering the difficulties with reaching those "ideal environment" targets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230615_030418_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615_030418_YouTube.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
It could be the defoliation method of removing vegetation or perhaps introducing a heater into the mix which in itself brings its own issues. And then there's the obvious method of running dehumidifiers along with extraction fans.

But what happens when that'd not enough?
air intake fans, Aircon.
also greatly depends on your natural environment

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Less plants" plant mass " less transpiration.🤔maybe cut down on number of plants next run.
Yeh I definitely vegged for too long mate.
But I also did a coco run on one side and I'd forgotten just how quickly they grow in coco, before I knew it she'd taken over the whole tebt.

Not the worst problem to have by any means

bushbob

Vegetating
User ID
Been playing around with one of those Govee hygrometers and running the extraction fan on a timer today.
Interesting to see the effects on temp, RH and VPD graphed out.
IMG_20230619_181644.jpgIMG_20230619_1816162.jpg

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
When I first started growing indoors I ended up trying to stay close to an adequate vpd, but I always found I'd get mould in summer due to high temps that I can't really control..

Tbh, my plants always look healthier with whack VPD anyways which is partly the reason I stoped chasing it. For example these pics were all taken with a vpd of 3+ in summer as it regularly gets to 34-38 in the tent. From November-march it never really gets under 26c in the tent lights off at night, and pretty much every day is above 35 by midday as I'm in tents, in closets, in a walk in, in a brick house lol. The Temp issues at this place make VPD chasing impossible for me unless I ran a 3-5kw AC all day which I can't due to accommodation rules. You add 500-600w worth of lights in a closet with limited Airflow and its living hell trying to chase VPD.
Screenshot_2023-06-20-10-49-39-02.pngScreenshot_2023-06-20-10-50-01-54.pngScreenshot_2023-06-15-14-26-27-18.pngScreenshot_2023-06-15-14-26-12-27.pngScreenshot_2023-06-15-14-35-26-69.png
When I try meet vpd I've noticed my plants just never really look happy for some reason, but when I just let life happen and give zero shits about temp and humidity, they seem to be fine, especially in summer. Some of those pics were taken in 38c weather (36c leaf temps) with a vpd of 3.5.

In winter here, vpd is always good, but that when I find it the hardest to get them to pray and look happy, but I suppose posture alone doesn't mean they are happy..

Last edited:

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I dunno man every strain hits VPD differently, I've had some strains grow wild in midsummer with temps at 35C and others in winter when I was trying to hit the vpd really fail to take off in the early stages of growth

Top Bottom