CBD Strain Reviews

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Has anyone grown a CBD variety of Cannabis ?? Please share your thoughts on the grow here :)

Ive grown two varietys one was a 20:1 CBD/THC strain from Fastbuds that one was pretty average
the other one was The Church 1:1 cbd/thc From the Greenhouse seed co that turned out quite nice with
decent yields , good mixed high/relaxing and flavourful (y)
Interested to hear about what anyone else has grown with CBD in it . 🧙‍♂️

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Hi HGO, I haven't grown any CBD variety but I do have 4 reg seeds of Sweet and Sour Widow by the CBD Crew. If you are interested in growing it out I am happy to send to you as I wont have the time to do so.

"Bred by CBD Crew, Sweet and Sour Widow is a 70/30 indica-dominant cannabis strain with a 1:1 CBD-THC ratio and a subtle sweet onion aroma. Because of its balanced cannabinoid profile, Sweet and Sour Widow’s psychoactive effects are mild, making this strain suitable for novice consumers and patients needing to medicate without a foggy head. Sweet and Sour Widow is derived from White Widow genetics and an unnamed sativa-hybrid to accentuate its CBD profile. "

HGO

Community Member
User ID
Thanks for the offer Sugar got my hands full at the moment too so you hang onto it
and grow it whenever you get the chance as it sounds good (y)

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
Just bringing an old thread up in the hope of some advice...

I'd like to grow a CBD strain up in FNQ...

Anyone got any reccomendations...I see a couple of Indica dominant strains on Mediseedman ...Carmagnola and Strawberry kush CBD...?...anyone grown these ..?

I also see CG australia seeds has CBD gold seeds with 4-6% THC and 7-10% CBD

I'd really prefer minimal THC though...

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I've grown 3 CBD gold plants from CG Aus
Pics of these on diff thread, not sure what one but featured mutant growth after topping
After chopping weird stem from centre they took off
Only in small pots but still got a few zips
Very diff smell from normal canna, not in a bad way, very relaxing and same amount of resin on buds
Heaps of l.s.t made a big diff 2 structure, only topped once and can't remember any mold issues
Probs grow again

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
I've grown 3 CBD gold plants from CG Aus
Pics of these on diff thread, not sure what one but featured mutant growth after topping
After chopping weird stem from centre they took off
Only in small pots but still got a few zips
Very diff smell from normal canna, not in a bad way, very relaxing and same amount of resin on buds
Heaps of l.s.t made a big diff 2 structure, only topped once and can't remember any mold issues
Probs grow again
OK Bob so I ordered these guys..supposed to have less then 1%THC which if true is what i was looking for..whether they grow up here in the tropics is yet to be determined but I'll have a crack at them anyway..

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
U'll be right mate, very straight forward plant 2 grow, excellent smell
Give as much sun as poss and open her right up with l.s.t
If u notice a weird 3rd leg growing outta main shoot, get rid of it....[shoot that is]
Got between 6 and 7 zips off 2 plants...gotta be happy with that

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
U'll be right mate, very straight forward plant 2 grow, excellent smell
Give as much sun as poss and open her right up with l.s.t
If u notice a weird 3rd leg growing outta main shoot, get rid of it....[shoot that is]
Got between 6 and 7 zips off 2 plants...gotta be happy with that
Good to know thanks Bob...I have never tried CBD before so It would be nice to see if it eases the old back pain issues..

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Late last year I grew Dutch Passion CBD Kush. I believe it was a CBD version of Candy Kush. It was easy to grow, although the buds were small and wispy. Not great stuff to look at or feel and the yield was modest. But, more important, it is good medicine for me. I've had a few 1:1 prescription products (i.e. tested) and I would guess that my bud came out about 1:1. It smells sweet and like fruit candy. Not my preferred palette, but it does the job it's supposed to: pain relief. I'm always a bit surprised at how a bud with 10% or less THC still gets me nicely stoned. I like vaping this stuff before going out for social occasions, happy chatty effect. I still need something stronger to wind down the day and eventually knock me out, but it is a good daytime or activity high.

HGO

Community Member
User ID
Just bringing an old thread up in the hope of some advice...

I'd like to grow a CBD strain up in FNQ...

Anyone got any reccomendations...I see a couple of Indica dominant strains on Mediseedman ...Carmagnola and Strawberry kush CBD...?...anyone grown these ..?

I also see CG australia seeds has CBD gold seeds with 4-6% THC and 7-10% CBD

I'd really prefer minimal THC though...
your gonna want something that can handle the heat and humidity so probably a sativa would be a better option

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
your gonna want something that can handle the heat and humidity so probably a sativa would be a better option
Yeah I think you may be right mate...I doubt I'd even be able to get any of these indica crosses to anywhere near maturity without rotting....any suggestions on strains and where can I find them..?

HGO

Community Member
User ID
Ace Seeds or the real seed company both sell cbd dominant sativas its just been hard to get the seeds past
customs so have'nt ordered any I want some Lebanese like those below

Pixie

Baked
User ID
Yeah I think you may be right mate...I doubt I'd even be able to get any of these indica crosses to anywhere near maturity without rotting....any suggestions on strains and where can I find them..?
I think I mentioned before Hawaiian Budline grown outdoor organically handles humidity all year round. They are bred for the weather you have. Fucked if I know 🤔

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
I think I mentioned before Hawaiian Budline grown outdoor organically handles humidity all year round. They are bred for the weather you have. Fucked if I know 🤔

Yeah you did mention it before..but is it actually canna seeds they sell or bakery goods and cocktails.....I have no idea what all this even means...:oops:

Personally I am just after some basic Thai, mexican,sth American, african sativa landrace types that may have a chance to mature in the outdoor tropics..

hawainn.jpgbudline.jpg

Top Bottom