CBD May Be Over The Counter By 2021 - You can help

higherconversations1

Germinating
User ID
The Department of Health recently announced a proposal to down-regulate low dose CBD from a schedule 4 to a schedule 3 drug. They are accepting submissions from the general public. Submissions close on the 22nd May 2020.

If the proposed changes in the current form pass, in theory, it means that you'll be able to get low dose CBD from a pharmacist by 1 Feb 2021. But, there are many unknowns and the changes sound a bit better than they actually are.

To learn exactly what this means for you and how you can put your submission in, you can check out this article about the potential "Low Dose CBD Rescheduling".

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
I thought I may drop this here from a discussion in chat -

Clementine

Blooming
User ID
Been using CBD oil. It's fucking marvelous how well it works to reduce anxiety and allow me to sleep near normal hours :) No flipping out anymore, reduces delusional and irrational anger associated with PTSD with features of psychotic pathways. Except when you take too much and it keeps you up all night. Seriously good stuff, they should have it on prescription. Costs a couple of hundred dollars for a wee bottle.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
still no cbd in chemists as far as I know, I thought we were supposed to be able to get CBDs medicine over the counter from chemists starting February 2021 ,asked the local chemist today old fart said he hadn't heard anything about it or didn't want to know about it!
April know and sweet fanny Adams has happened .
Sorta reminds me of the stuff that went on in Canada a few years back .
Anyone know anything ?✌🏻

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
After further investigation appears even though tga has said cbd would be available it appears they have erreccted further hurdles for said suppliers.
They must prove their product has real world benefits?
Reports say it could be another year ffs.
Why is it taking so long? Useless government departments!
How long have we been growing legal medical in Australia , yet
Were still importing from os.
Our politicians must easily rank as the most moronic group of self serving fuckwits world wide!
Isn't that something to be proud of not!
Help the sick and needy you useless scumbags!✌

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
After further investigation appears even though tga has said cbd would be available it appears they have erreccted further hurdles for said suppliers.
They must prove their product has real world benefits?
Reports say it could be another year ffs.
Why is it taking so long? Useless government departments!
How long have we been growing legal medical in Australia , yet
Were still importing from os.
Our politicians must easily rank as the most moronic group of self serving fuckwits world wide!
Isn't that something to be proud of not!
Help the sick and needy you useless scumbags!✌
The TGA can seem to be insensitive, but they've made a policy with the information they had at the time. A lot of the time these government departments are either running on small budgets and trying the best they can. If we as a community and wider society can set an example we may be able to have nice things.

Last edited:

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Too many sick people out there Benno, we can't wait for bungling government departments anymore bro.
Our medical cannabis system is for the wealthy and is a fucken joke ,natural healing should be available for one and all not just those with deeper pockets.
The system doesn't need to be so complex ,look at Israel theve had a great medical cannabis system for twenty years plus that has created meaningful data to advance the Cause .
A system that works for everyone rich and poor.
Which government department you work for Benno?✌🏻

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
Let's do it Aussie. Just like in mother Amsterdam baby. No bullshit I.

Legal medicine for the sick and those that truly don't suffer as a direct consequence for using it.

I on the other hand must refrain from THC because alas bob might tell ya a story concerning a crazy little boy called coco.

CBD should be bred at high ratios into many strains I think.

Anyhow. CBD is so expensive. Far too regulated. Every sick person should be able to access CBD over the counter like Echinacea

vostok

Blooming
User ID
I was convulsing constantly for about 5 days straight. It stopped when I had some CBD flowers. It really is medicine for me.
A friends the same, but in truth as in the States, the chemists won't be pushing these miracle cures,... simply as theirs no money in it .....yet!
have you not noticed the silly prices chemists/drug stores are charging these days $25.00 for foot creme last week,
when all I had to do was line the inside of my shoes with fan leaves

its war between the Chemist's and Big Stores and the Chemist's are loosing

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Big chemist warehouse here trying to wipe the little man.
Actually the little man is getting hammered all round the planet this last little while....?
Almost like it was planned........na couldn't be!😉

Top Bottom