cafe owner faces trial accused of selling marijuana brownies

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
:D anybody got the address of this cafe?

Bada Bing cafe owner faces trial accused of selling marijuana brownies to WA family

owner of a suburban cafe accused of selling brownies containing cannabis allegedly told police brownies made with cannabis butter "must have got mixed up" with others he sold at his business, the Perth Magistrates Court has heard.

Nathan Sharp, the owner of Bada Bing cafe in Woodlands, is on trial on two charges of selling brownies containing marijuana to a Perth family in March 2019.

The court heard one of the brownies was eaten by Sharon Hoysted and her two young children Thomas, 3, and Emily, 5, who later complained that her "eyes weren't right" and "she felt like she was in the TV".

She and her brother were taken to the Perth Children's Hospital where blood and urine tests found tetrahydrocannabinol, or cannabis, in their system.

Ms Hoysted also became unwell and tests done at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital found cannabis in her system as well.

Prosecutor Peter Gillett said the children's father Michael Maxwell, who was with them at the cafe, did not eat any of the brownie and tests on him found no traces of cannabis in his system.

He returned to the cafe next day and bought another brownie, which Mr Gillett said was analysed by the ChemCentre and also found to contain tetrahydrocannabinol.

Brownie 'fell off fridge or freezer'

The court was told that when contacted by police six days later, Mr Sharp is alleged to have told them he made brownies with cannabis butter "given to him by a friend".

He said "one must have fallen off the fridge or freezer and got mixed up with the ones used in the shop."

Two months later, he is alleged to told an environmental health officer from the City of Stirling that he had been given cannabis brownies, but he had never brought them to the cafe.

He also maintained cannabis brownies were never made on his business premises.

Mr Sharp denies any wrongdoing, and his lawyer Tom Percy QC said no one else who attended the cafe on the same day reported being affected.

This was, Mr Percy said, "indeed a curious situation."

Mr Percy said there was no suggestion that Mr Sharp "personally" had anything to do with the sale of the brownies.

However, Mr Percy noted that the "goods in question were never sold", because CCTV footage showed the family "left the restaurant without paying."

Mr Percy said there were other problems with the evidence, inlcuding that some of it had been gathered under the wrong legislation and it was therefore inadmissible.

He said the comments alleged to have been made by Mr Sharp to police and the environmental health officer were not recorded and therefore were also inadmissible.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Yowie2.02318

Blooming
User ID
If you owned a cafe i could picture this happening. 😂
Nah bro if you knew my track record with giving people edibles you’d point at me 😂😂 I do it to everyone who comes to my house, done it to my PO once, turned out he wanted more so now I sell edible to my old parole officer 😂he has a sesh with me every now and then too.
got my straighty one eighty sister a few time too , and just generally anyone who comes over and says yes to cake, brownies and cookies 😂

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Nah bro if you knew my track record with giving people edibles you’d point at me 😂😂 I do it to everyone who comes to my house, done it to my PO once, turned out he wanted more so now I sell edible to my old parole officer 😂he has a sesh with me every now and then too.
got my straighty one eighty sister a few time too , and just generally anyone who comes over and says yes to cake, brownies and cookies 😂
Pm me ya address im coming round for a coffee or 6.

Yowie2.02318

Blooming
User ID
Who roofies pies lol

Nice work.
Me 😂 I literally can’t go without weed, no matter where I am, i walked in to sydneys Supreme Court for my 3 week trial every day I would walk in with 3 slices of brownies, go thru the metal detector and let them X-ray my bag of brownies, never even got caught eating weed in from of 3 Supreme Court judges , mind you was there for “ drug related “ shit, courts trying to say I committed my offense because of prolonged usage of weed , jack asses

Yowie2.02318

Blooming
User ID
Keeping ya nose clean now I hope yowie?
Yeah Gazza, been off parole for 2 years now, haven’t even had a run in with the 5‘0 for about 6 months, just trying to get me to have a go at them so they can arrest me , but I’m smarter now, years of being young and dumb and sitting in jails, 2 years out and doing as best I’ve been since I was 16 , got my wife and house , finally got my license and a Ute, just waiting to get my medical for a new job in a rock quarry now, but other than that just doing concrete with my old boss

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
The story continues......

...FFS! i think the Woman might be exaggerating just abit!

Ms Hoysted told the court she started to feel unwell after they arrived at the Perth Children's Hospital, and things "started jumping from one point to another".

She said she remembered lying on a bed and feeling scared.

" I honestly thought I was going mad," she said.

Ms Hoysted recounted "freaking out" after seeing a white hospital blanket on a bed that had holes in it.

"Sticking out of the blanket were two hands and two feet, and when I saw that I felt sheer terror. I didn't think anything, I just felt sheer terror," she said.

She said she then burst into tears when she looked up and saw four security guards.

"I thought I had failed the test and they were taking me away to Graylands [mental hospital] … I was devastated and I put my head in my hands and cried and cried and cried," she told the court.

She testified she then fell asleep and when she woke up a couple of hours later she felt calmer.

----------------

.......this actually sound pretty good!

None of my brownies have ever made me feel like that!

Might look the Cafe owner up on facebook n get him to ship some of his goods to QLD.

will pay a premium price if they are anything like she says they are...

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Maybe She's setting up the compensation claim
The kid maybe just went to sleep
She obviously knew what they were after she had

The store owner must of been smashed when he fucked up

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
The conclusion.

Sharp was fined $15,000 and ordered to pay $25,000 in court costs

A note worthy quote,
"That prompted Magistrate Dias to note that during the trial there was evidence the sale of brownies went up after the media reports"😃

Top Bottom