Boveda for curing

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
I've thrown a fat boveda into maybe too dry stuff, worked I reckon too.

Boveda is a 2 way humidity transfer kinda thing.
Kinda like the pedro-porky back n forth

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Anyone use boveda humility packs came accross this deal 10 of the 8 gram for $6.95 shipped from catch.. seems like a good deal 1 of the 8 gram boveda is good for a oz heres the link if anyone wants to buy.
Boveda is a brand name for your average desiccant, like all desiccants they absorb water or release at 70& Rh no biggy
Your local chemist chucks these tiny packs out by the thousand as they are surplus to tablet distribution, more so in Aus due to the hot dry clime.

you could save a bundle and scrounge these packs free of your local drugstore/chemist
dry out on your window sill for a day or so then drop to your jars

like with Boveda's you will need many, a good handful at least

or like me come up with a better curing method involving empty buckets with lid,
a small air pump and an old light timer

good luck

Last edited:

JHerer

Germinating
User ID
Boveda aren't actually strictly a dessicant. They are a Humectant firstly, and to a lesser degree, a dessicant.

True dessicants (like the commonly used silica gel) are a one-way only (if you have enough, you will reach very low humidity) - Do NOT use silica gel if you want your flower smokeable.

I'm trying to figure out what actually is inside these expensive little buggers.

Last edited:

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Boveda aren't actually strictly a dessicant. They are a Humectant firstly, and to a lesser degree, a dessicant.

True dessicants (like the commonly used silica gel) are a one-way only (if you have enough, you will reach very low humidity) - Do NOT use silica gel if you want your flower smokeable.

I'm trying to figure out what actually is inside these expensive little buggers.

can’t be that hard to figure out. Look up their MSDS.

Bomber

Vegetating
User ID

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 5.26.19 pm.png

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Can you reuse them time and time again I've hit a bunch of them laying around, all stinky like chronic

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
I have always thrown them out once they get hard and crunchy... dunno.
You're spot-on Billy, from the Bovida website:
"When you check your cannabis, check your Boveda. Brand new Boveda is soft. When you start to feel hard spots, it’s time to replace your packs. DON’T WAIT until Boveda turns into a solid wafer, that means it’s completely dry."
I've also read that you should only start using them when you've had the buds in jars for longer than a week or so.

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
Whats the old saying about if it seems too good to be true?

my order arrived today.

4 x singular 8g Bovedas, instead of the 4 x 10packs.

Cunts.
My order of 3 x 10packs hadn't arrived after a month so I emailed them & they re-sent the order. Got 11 single Bovedas & some melted chocholates :rolleyes:

Top Bottom