Bluelab ph and conductivity pen

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
Hi All. So I got a Bluelab ph and EC pen.

On reading the PH pen literature I find it needs regular calibrating, like every time you use it - That can't be right. How often do you guys calibrate?

The EC pen needs a special Bluelab cleaning fluid. Does everyone use that or is there an common cleaning product that does the same? It's not like I can nip down the hydro shop and buy stuff - I'm in the sticks.

Cheers, Bill

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hudo

Baked
User ID

On reading the PH pen literature I find it needs regular calibrating, like every time you use it - That can't be right. How often do you guys calibrate?

The EC pen needs a special Bluelab cleaning fluid. Does everyone use that or is there an common cleaning product that does the same? It's not like I can nip down the hydro shop and buy stuff - I'm in the sticks.

Cheers, Bill
I calibrate my PH pen once a week I've got a 4 and 7 calibrating solution and I alternate them each time I calibrate. As for EC I threw that fucker away a long time ago. You can get calibrating solutions off ebay if your in the stix

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID

Cheers, Bill
I reckon if you trawl the interweb you’ll find a homemade solution. Instruclables.com would be a good place to start.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Toothpaste rubbed on the contact points will clean the EC meter.
I stopped using a ph meter ages ago ,,i just use ph solution kit.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

Cheers, Bill
I've got the exact same ph meter.
When you calibrate it a little tick will appear next to ph on the screen. Once the little tick is gone it needs to be re calibrated.
I've found it lasts about a month before the little tick goes.
I've also tested water when the tick is not there and it reads the same as when the tick is on the screen.
Once a month is all you need to calibrate it!!
Don't buy all the shit blue lab says you need like storage solution and shit.
All you need is calibration fluid of 4ph and 7ph.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Oh be very gentle with it 1 drop or anything hard touches the little glass probe and it will break!!

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Toothpaste rubbed on the contact points will clean the EC meter.
I stopped using a ph meter ages ago ,,i just use ph solution kit.
Never heard of this tip before, tried this on a old truncheon that lost the plot years ago that i thought that it wouldn't come back. But sure enough, the fucker is reading right again. Onya, Sedge. (y)

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Never heard of this tip before, tried this on a old truncheon that lost the plot years ago that i thought that it wouldn't come back. But sure enough, the fucker is reading right again. Onya, Sedge. (y)
Cool Indy,,,Im pretty sure it was on your tip that I originally got my truncheon..😊

R3za92

Baked
User ID

Cheers, Bill
The everytime you use it calibration is for commercial hydroponic And aquarium use Not hobby, fortnightly or monthly calibration is fine. I’ve got a bluelab combo meter and it’s recommended I calibrate it weekly or sooner for commercial use but it only prompts for
Calibration monthly.

nugget

Blooming
User ID
I've got the exact same ph meter.
When you calibrate it a little tick will appear next to ph on the screen. Once the little tick is gone it needs to be re calibrated.
I've found it lasts about a month before the little tick goes.
I've also tested water when the tick is not there and it reads the same as when the tick is on the screen.
Once a month is all you need to calibrate it!!
Don't buy all the shit blue lab says you need like storage solution and shit.
All you need is calibration fluid of 4ph and 7ph.
Yeah the probe cleaning shit they sell is just a soft bristle travel toothbrush and a small tube of dishwashing liquid 😂

Top Bottom