Bloomin organics

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
How's it goin chaps hey I've just made the move from coco to living soil which I'm pretty pumped about and everything was going fukn brilliant and still is I think.. so I've a wedding cake around 3 weeks into bloom and it's begun shedding a noticeable amount of leaves and is yellowing a fair bit.

Never had this with Coco but perhaps this is simply an organic thing??

Anyone have some encouraging words to put my mind at ease??

Appreciate it.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
How's it goin chaps hey I've just made the move from coco to living soil which I'm pretty pumped about and everything was going fukn brilliant and still is I think.. so I've a wedding cake around 3 weeks into bloom and it's begun shedding a noticeable amount of leaves and is yellowing a fair bit.

Appreciate it.
Might be worth putting a photo up so the guys that know about living soil might be able to offer some thoughts

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID

Appreciate it.
hey mate
it's hard moving from one discipline to another & coco to living soil couldn't be further away from each other technique wise
almost nothing you do running a coco system translates to running a living soil system

9 x out of 10 living soil growers start out having water problems , either over or under watering in pots that are generally 2 small
can you talk about your running of the system , what your doing when , top dressing , liquid fertilizing , water source
& yeah some pic's would be handy aswell

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Encouraging words

Good luck

Outdoors my plants thrive in the soil I made up for them

Took a couple yrs to mature into a nice bed

Take the same soil and put it into a pot and the results aren't what I expected

Don't know why , it just doesn't perform , but outside in the bed it's fantastic

Personally I just couldn't be bothered trying to get it right when perlite or coco are so much easier in pots inside

Hence the good luck

F

freddie

My living soil in pots have no problems. It's hard to say what's wrong as every mix is probably different. I use legume cover crops, and bokashi mix in the soil/potting mix.

My main fertilizer is diluted human urine until about week 5 or 6. Now, who wants to smoke my pot!

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
My living soil in pots have no problems. It's hard to say what's wrong as every mix is probably different. I use legume cover crops, and bokashi mix in the soil/potting mix.

My main fertilizer is diluted human urine until about week 5 or 6. Now, who wants to smoke my pot!
Fuck yeah. I’ll vape that shit all night with a tall mug o piss thanks. If you pay me $20

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
soil I made up for them = Took a couple yrs to mature into a nice bed

Take the same soil and put it into a pot and the results aren't what I expected

Don't know why it just doesn't perform , Personally I just couldn't be bothered trying to get it right

sure soil "can" take a little time to mature but a bad soil mix can also take time to sort out mixing ingredient mistakes
especially when manures have been used

taking the same soil from outdoor to indoor can be a bit hit n miss sometimes , because your leaving allot of the soil food web outdoors
& in general going from a large consistent outdoor bed to a small inconsistent indoor pot

rightio
-------------------------------------------

growing in perlite / coco / hydro type systems is very similar to the majority of supermarket available produce
it's never going to be as nutrient dense as produce grown in natural systems that thrives on biology

hydro type growing systems have been in practice for many years & have been making money for growers for the
majority of that time , lets face it , it does produce sellable fruit & veg

if your presented with a box of hydro grown produce Vs being presented with a box of organically grown produce
which would you prefer to take home & feed your family ?

point being the produce on the shelf at the supermarket that most of us complain about being low quality
is being grown in a hydro type system , the same hydro type system your pot is grown in , give or take the number of cides used

let food be thy medicine & medicine be thy food :)

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
sure soil "can" take a little time to mature but a bad soil mix can also take time to sort out mixing ingredient mistakes
especially when manures have been used

taking the same soil from outdoor to indoor can be a bit hit n miss sometimes , because your leaving allot of the soil food web outdoors
& in general going from a large consistent outdoor bed to a small inconsistent indoor pot

rightio
-------------------------------------------

growing in perlite / coco / hydro type systems is very similar to the majority of supermarket available produce
it's never going to be as nutrient dense as produce grown in natural systems that thrives on biology

hydro type growing systems have been in practice for many years & have been making money for growers for the
majority of that time , lets face it , it does produce sellable fruit & veg

if your presented with a box of hydro grown produce Vs being presented with a box of organically grown produce
which would you prefer to take home & feed your family ?

point being the produce on the shelf at the supermarket that most of us complain about being low quality
is being grown in a hydro type system , the same hydro type system your pot is grown in , give or take the number of cides used

let food be thy medicine & medicine be thy food :)
Heirloom tomatoes aren't grown hydroponically because of our food system not because hydroponic doesnt product nice tasting produce, it can also produce high brix levels in plants.

Current breeders for tomatoes have taste/flavour right down the end of the list because poeople want to go to the supermarket and buy a perfecty unblemished tomato that has to be shipped large distances. Those tomatoes need to be bred to have firm skin etc. etc. flavour comes later. that is why commercial tomatoes in the supermarket wont taste like the heirloom varieties out back. Really has very little with how they grow. Look into how much produce is thrown away from supermarkets not because they are unedible simply because they have a few blemishes etc. (human psychology i guess)

It's honestly frustrating seeing this push to organic without even trying to address the current situation with how food is grown in small pockets very far away from where the produce will be sold. Growing organically won't fix that, as a consumer people need to be aware where they are buying stuff from and try get as local as possible.

Again you can get high brix plants with hydroponic techniques that isn't the issue. Let's also not get into the growing human population and the fact that everyone needs to eat and hydroponically grown produce can out yeild organically grown produce with less water and nutrient input.

If people are wanting better produce grow your own in the backyard!

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Thanks for all the responses much appreciated.
I've attached a few photos of this rather pale looking girl in hope it might help someone diagnose the problem

Attachments

• 20220506_052214.jpg
    20220506_052214.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220506_052332.jpg
    20220506_052332.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220506_052430.jpg
    20220506_052430.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom