Bloody white fly / thrips !??

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Hey crew
Long time no speak , I went off the grid a bit . Hope everyone’s doing well👍
growing some zkittlez off a mate and bloody hell I thought I had spider mites again - then I noticed they weren’t mites but tiny little 1-3mm larvae on my leaves that left white spots all over my leaves like the mites used too.

I read up a bit and Noticed when I shake the plants little tiny white flying things come up .
I’ve used some pyrethrum in a pump sprayer and coated the plants a couple of times but still looking quite bad

I’m about 5-6 weeks into flower was hoping to get to about 9 weeks or more but plants are looking ravaged by the pricks
I’ve got sticky yellow pads up but while they are catching them obviously there’s too many eggs hatching etc

any ideas could I use a bloody Moreton bomb in the tent hahaha think that would fuck the taste of my buds but wish I could :/

swear I’ve had just about every bug take turns on each grow - fungus gnats, mites, thrips . At least I’m slowly learning - degnat crushed shells on top of my coco medium now stops gnats , predator mites to kill the red mites , now to work on these white flys or thrips I think they are called
Any suggestions welcome please !!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
Try hose blasting them outdoors and cleaning the tent. But as harsh as it sounds you might have to take it as a lesson. and start from the beginning mate.
Quarantine any new clones or plants to prevent further infestations.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I have the fuckers at the moment. fucken impossible to get rid of. i like the bug bomb idea. lol

Madmick

Baked
User ID
They lay their eggs low , clear all that growth off

Neem drench the soil , they don't like eating after that , once that had a day or 2 to get into the plant is the time to strike

They are most active at night,

get as many stick pads as you can and put them no higher than the top of plants

Get a spray bottle fill it with neem , bug boss alternatively

Spray your pots and the sides of tent , including roof , light fittings and fans b4 you turn off lights , do this because as soon as you turn the fans off and lights as they swarm , landing on the walls etc ,

Unfortunately you won't catch many if your fans are too strong , so you need to plan your raid

Your windows are small , be ready to take full toll

If you just try spraying them on the plants you will never win

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Depends how far along , after 4 weeks i wouldn't

If you ain't got on top of them by flower , its probably too late

I never won that battle , only got on top of it with new plants that weren't infected

Its a strategy, imo the hardest pest to deal with , along with lots of damage and poor growth, the females lay 400 eggs at a time ,

If you think you got a few , its in the 1000s

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Thanks for all your replies !!!
Cheers guys , I’ll try the lights off and sticky the hell out of it ! So devo :
Have a tye dye and a silver haze in my other small tent doing okay I started soraying them before flip . I’ll send some photos .
never seen or heard of them before the last month

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Photos

Attachments

• DA12E568-FB71-4C6F-BD70-4ADFA17D5898.jpeg
    DA12E568-FB71-4C6F-BD70-4ADFA17D5898.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 824A7CF9-4C51-4D00-817F-605E4A9C5BFB.jpeg
    824A7CF9-4C51-4D00-817F-605E4A9C5BFB.jpeg
    749.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ED87619F-0BD9-479E-8E46-B574A99B2F8F.jpeg
    ED87619F-0BD9-479E-8E46-B574A99B2F8F.jpeg
    860.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 9EB15D5D-E038-4A0E-B02B-2A18472BCB0C.jpeg
    9EB15D5D-E038-4A0E-B02B-2A18472BCB0C.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 23

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID

Attachments

• D99711DE-07BE-44C1-9FDD-EEDB1E64AE6A.jpeg
    D99711DE-07BE-44C1-9FDD-EEDB1E64AE6A.jpeg
    768.8 KB · Views: 20
  • B9195F69-C049-4E0A-8DEF-DCA2EFB4DD98.jpeg
    B9195F69-C049-4E0A-8DEF-DCA2EFB4DD98.jpeg
    434.3 KB · Views: 20

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
The ones under the new hlg 600 are doing mint tye die on the left , silver haze on the right
Didn’t get as big as I wanted cause they got ravaged by white fly at the start so stunted them a bit after I flipped but looking okay

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
fark mate. really feel for you! the ladies are doing as good as they can. shows they were nice and strong before getting hit.
all the best and good luck!

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Didn't want to start a new thread, but I've got some thrip action happening in my tent (my bad for hanging/drying outdoor stuff in the same room).
I've made up some of the insecticidal soap and was wondering if I should use this during lights off or ok with lights on? Plants are only about 2 weeks into flower. Cheers

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hey Soots was up
A lot of that stuff has stuff that makes soap stick 2 leaves better [not big with tech terms]
So maybe not a good idea with lights on
Personally wouldnt spray anything on leaves with lights on
But i dont even own a tent so take advice with caution oh great grower of mighty trident

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
For some reason just got an e-mail from them with their latest and greatest
Some unbeleivable looking gear
But they dont show any payement methods except bitcoin

Jaz

Curing
User ID
A lot of that stuff has stuff that makes soap stick 2 leaves better [not big with tech terms]

Oil?

I remember filling a pump spray with lavender oil and dishwashing soap to spray on my plants to eliminate spider mites. There's quite a few bug sprays you can make yourself, I just used what I happened to have at home at the time.

I once worked for a company that made White Oil insecticide aerosol for plants... they used Canola Oil and they also made Canola Oil cooking aerosol, lol.

j

Last edited:
Top Bottom