Best spider mite control

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
G'day folks hope everybody got through xmas and new yrs relatively unscathed..
So I am dealing with the baine of my life once again Spider Mites! Although not in my grow thank gawd in my sons..
So I thought I would ask you guys what is your most effective and safe method of controlling eradicating and preventing the little mongrel dogs! Also how do you apply your method..
Cheers in advance guys hopefully we can rid ourselves of these pains in the arse...

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Abamectin kills them all guaranteed. BUT it's systemic, so I don't ever spray it on plants. Just Use it to sterilise everything. ( lights, tent, pots, equipment etc) in between grows. This ensures they've all been cleared for next grow. On late flowers, heavy defoliation of infested area, and manually wipe down infestation every few days and ensure a fan is directly blowing at full speed towards the heaviest infestation, as they don't like strong air movement. Most sprays ( pure crop, dead red, neem, etc) are temporary measures. If you do use them, clean everything with Abamectin straight after harvest.

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Abamectin kills them all guaranteed. BUT it's systemic, so I don't ever spray it on plants. Just Use it to sterilise everything. ( lights, tent, pots, equipment etc) in between grows. This ensures they've all been cleared for next grow. On late flowers, heavy defoliation of infested area, and manually wipe down infestation every few days and ensure a fan is directly blowing at full speed towards the heaviest infestation, as they don't like strong air movement. Most sprays ( pure crop, dead red, neem, etc) are temporary measures. If you do use them, clean everything with Abamectin straight after harvest.
Cheers Fox appreciate your input... Thats my dillema I loathe to use non organic products, have you tried purecrop or any other topical or root drench products that at least reduce their numbers to a less damaging and more manageable figure?
I already physically squished/eradicated as many as I could and they have a good fan coverage. My son works long hrs so he's pretty limited to hands on so I help when I can..
Would he need to give them a spray application or use a fogger to get the coverage needed of topical measures

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Cheers Fox appreciate your input... Thats my dillema I loathe to use non organic products, have you tried purecrop or any other topical or root drench products that at least reduce their numbers to a less damaging and more manageable figure?
I already physically squished/eradicated as many as I could and they have a good fan coverage. My son works long hrs so he's pretty limited to hands on so I help when I can..
Would he need to give them a spray application or use a fogger to get the coverage needed of topical measures
I've found neem( in veg) and purecrop to be temporary. That's why I now clean everything in between grows with Abemactin. I don't recommend spraying it directly on plants at any stage. I haven't seen a spider mite since I started cleaning everything with Abemactin, in between grows.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Dead Red, will keep them under control so that they are not a problem ..
a light spray in front of the fan decimates their numbers .even after there are webs at the top of colas.
no need to spray under the leaves either ,,unless maybe the plants have a zillion mites,
Has a withholding period of one week before harvest,

the worst infestation I had only took two sprays a week or two apart ,,doesn’t eradicate them but they became a non problem.

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Yeah they arnt really bad atm just enoigh to annoy me I dont really want to use ibamectin if I can help it I'll try get hold of some red dead and spray it into the fan as Sedge suggested otherwise I'll give the Bunnings Eco Oil a run.. Cheers fella's ya buncha good cunts! ✌️

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
You could have mites outdoors in your garden.
So only tend your plants
When your clean and clean clothes , fuckers will come in on your work clothes, in your hair and on your skin!
Clean everything spotless between cycles.
Use a mild bleach solution. Needless to say stay away sons germy germs.😉and gifted clones are no 1 mite spreader. Beware and quarrentine.✌

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ve used purecrop and
You could have mites outdoors in your garden.
So only tend your plants
When your clean and clean clothes , fuckers will come in on your work clothes, in your hair and on your skin!
Clean everything spotless between cycles.
Use a mild bleach solution. Needless to say stay away sons germy germs.😉and gifted clones are no 1 mite spreader. Beware and quarrentine.✌
I’ve learnt that the hard way.
I must have brought them in from other plants.

So my raspberries and strawberries both have been plagued by mites.
I sprayed purecrop but it was pretty harsh on the leaves. I’m going to start companion planting and also once I build my greenhouse house I’ll move them inside and introduce predator mites

The companion plants I’ve looked into are dill, coriander, marigolds and garlic.

FFE0DA5E-B056-4585-A9ED-922718D031F7.jpegC3D3DFE6-DAE7-4190-99E6-1B8AF433526E.jpeg67ABA977-9D2A-4604-B07A-E704CDEBC040.jpeg015CD851-E57B-4A26-AACB-324AE4D4E990.jpeg

I’ve moved it outside now. Ripped out three of the 6 strawberry plants and I’m trying to bring them back.

8DBF3E50-C776-47E6-BFB5-179BDBF8FA76.jpeg

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Wow considering purecrop is supposedly a plant stimulant thats pretty shit results, Id be spewing if I tried it on the girls and got that result!
Good luck savin your strawbz..

Top Bottom