Baked
User ID

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Me mate got one last year ,so I’m seeing how he goes with it ,,
he has a manual centrifuge ,,so not the type you want.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
I seen a cool video where they feed the bees sugar syrup infused with cannabis then the bees naturally produce cannabis infused honey

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I mentioned that type to the neighbour (a bee keeper) when the guys were looking for crowdfunding for their design. He said he wasn't quite sure if it was suitable for the bees found in Oz.

The father and son team that come up with it were located in northern rivers, IIRC. Which would make you think they would've designed in mind for the Aussie bees. Might be a question you put to them before purchasing it, bill. Either that, or the neighbour is full of it..

Fuck it all, quoted my own shit. D'oh.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
My orchard 'n vege patch is big enough for a hive. Been wanting one for a while now, but haven't pulled my finger out yet.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I was looking at hives awhile back thinking the same thing besides the lucrative market, pretty cool how the whole process works and the product is determined on the different pollens they collect.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I also bought some manuka seeds a while back. lol. wonder where they are now...

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Yeah a great invention and they're down to earth guys to boot. If you want to save a bit of money you can just buy their flow frames and they've done viddies to show you how to easily modify normal boxes to fit their frames.

Modifying a 10 frame Langstroth Box to fit 7 Flowâ„¢ Frames (This one is a fair bit fancier)

Modifying a 8 frame Langstroth Box to fit 3 Flowâ„¢ Frames (A bit older/more crude design)

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
This must have been the same Aussie company the missus was talking about a while ago, she's interested in it too when we get a backyard. Pretty cool stuff.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Yeah a great invention and they're down to earth guys to boot. If you want to save a bit of money you can just buy their flow frames and they've done viddies to show you how to easily modify normal boxes to fit their frames.

Modifying a 10 frame Langstroth Box to fit 7 Flowâ„¢ Frames (This one is a fair bit fancier)

Modifying a 8 frame Langstroth Box to fit 3 Flowâ„¢ Frames (A bit older/more crude design)

Watching now.

do you happen to know the price difference?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Having a quick look at it...

Flow Hive classic (7 Frame) is $929
Vs.
7 Flow Frames are $594 on their site + 2 x Boxes @ ~$35 each (flat pack)... so say ~$700 including incidentals.

OR

The 3 Flow frame one (first viddie) for roughly $420 😉 ($344 for 3 flow frames + ~$70 for 2 x boxes)

Last edited:
Top Bottom