Bamboo

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I got a couple of Bamboo varieties in my suburban back yard.

slender weavers bamboo (bambusa textilis gracilis) and Bambusa Multiplex Gold stripe.

I tried growing some cuttings approximately 10 years ago with a very low strike rate. 2 out of about 40.
Anyways a few weeks ago I was tidying up one of the gardens and removed a few mature stalks. I chopped them in to pieces and shoved a few in an empty pot on the off chance they might shoot.

noticed this one today :)

30A17E01-EA51-47F8-AE75-6C68D4CC083F.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
They little shoots ..ffs I’m in Vic and my bamboo shoots are bigger ,,,

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
The gracilis doesn’t get much bigger than that mate, it’s good for small gardens, makes a good screening plant :)

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
People don’t understand just how quick it grows. Buy the smallest, cheapest ones you can get. Mine is shooting like crazy the past couple if months since the rain. I really should measure the growth. Gotta be half a metre a day.

Ooodog

Vegetating
User ID
People don’t understand just how quick it grows. Buy the smallest, cheapest ones you can get. Mine is shooting like crazy the past couple if months since the rain. I really should measure the growth. Gotta be half a metre a day.
With all that bamboo you need to check out grandpa Amu on YouTube.

Fluff

Germinating
User ID
Im afraid to grow it. Neighbour has one 30 odd meters high. Makes a clackidy sound in the wind.

vostok

Blooming
User ID
The bamboo pheno
I got a couple of Bamboo varieties in my suburban back yard.

slender weavers bamboo (bambusa textilis gracilis) and Bambusa Multiplex Gold stripe.

I tried growing some cuttings approximately 10 years ago with a very low strike rate. 2 out of about 40.
Anyways a few weeks ago I was tidying up one of the gardens and removed a few mature stalks. I chopped them in to pieces and shoved a few in an empty pot on the off chance they might shoot.

noticed this one today :)

View attachment 451
The bamboo that got leaves that look like weed I'm interested in as camo, any recs?

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
They do have similar looking leaves... type would depend on how much space you have... Would certainly not want the bamboo on the northern side of ya patch as it would quickly block all the sun off the plants.

Top Bottom