Autoflower hermies?

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
I had an AK autoflower growing, nothing spectacular, just wanted a quick smoke lol. It didn't realy grow any side branches, just a cluster of colas up the main branch making it look like one huge bud. Anyway I noticed some wierd looking growth starting and took it out of the tent and plucked one off and lo and behold it looks like nanas. You can even see the pollen fell out on the table. I'm just curious as I had it in the same tent as some photperiod plants and flipped them a week ago. Do you think changing light from 18x6 to 12 x 12 may have caused that? I know light leaks may cause this in photopreiod plants, but didn't think this would affect an auto. The auto only had another week or 2 to go so I left it in with the other plants (which are only just starting to flower now so hopefully no pollen got to other plants). The other thing I noticed was that most hairs wer brown a week ago now its growing more white hairs??? Would switch light hours make it do that?

IMG_7384D-1500px.jpg. Anyway I've chopped it now and hung to dry.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Not a definitive answer, but I've grow a bunch of autos beside photos and flipped to 12/12 with no issues previously, so it could just be genetics as well.

I'd say I've probably done around 5-6 runs with an auto and photo side by side by with a flip to 12/12 without any Hermie traits showing up, but comparing different strains is probably inconclusive.

I have however noticed that a flip to 12/12 late in flower, or a drastic change in feed late flower has onset some fresh pistil growth once or twice.

I've ran a few ak420 autos, and they did pop a few nanners, even when on a rigid 16/8 schedule so they might be prone. They were always on the lowest nodes though which isn't much of an issue, and usually resulted in 5 or so fem seeds per plant which was a bonus..

Top Bottom