Auto log off timeframe

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Billy - I noticed the site auto logs off users after a brief period of inactivity. Good one. Have you recently reduced the timeframe to trigger auto logoff ?? Seems quick, almost too quick?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
If I watch a video that another user has linked I have to log back in again afterwards
:unsure:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I got auto logged out few times this morning. Seemed like a quick timeframe( maybe 20-15 mins?)Still better than when I first logged in to this site a few months ago, couldn't find the log off button...lol

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
You may find that it to do with, interbet browser also, security settings within browsers have been improved recently also.

D

Deleted member cpr

If my phone switches from Wi-Fi to mobile data or vice versa I get chucked. Not a problem, just an observation.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I am not sure on the time, but the auto log out is as a result of trying to keep Chat as secure as possible.

In chat you can get bumped pretty quickly, particularly on mobile devices. As a consequence, the same happens on the forum. (We could not boot users from chat and keep them logged in on the forum).

I have noticed also that if I log in on my phone while logged in to desktop, I get booted. Also swapping networks, say from 4G to Wifi, i get booted also.

Top Bottom