Auto Feed

Fred Bear

Germinating
User ID
I'm swapping over from manual feeding to automatic. Does anybody using a auto feed system have a feed schedule at all. I was thinking of starting out at 4 feeds a day of 200-250ml. Their about 40-50cm high at the moment. Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Drain to waste or back to res ?

I'm thinking of running the bunnings , similar to blumat ,

Think they $60 or there about

4 systems out of 2 X 60L. res

So 20 plants

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Feed schedule will rely on a lot of different factors, best to play around and find what works best in your situation.

I am currently running my coco tent on 5 bursts throughout the lights on period. But they are quite large, main thing i aim for is to get some dryback between feeds and no feeds 2 hours after lights on and before lights out

Attachments

• AEA92A3E-A8D1-4606-B9FA-42AF6A1DFF8D.jpeg
    AEA92A3E-A8D1-4606-B9FA-42AF6A1DFF8D.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18

Fred Bear

Germinating
User ID
Its a run to waste system. 100L reservoir using a SunSun HQB5500 pump with SunSun JVP-232 wave maker to keep it all mixing well. Pumps 60ml per second evenly to all pots. Don't think you can see it in photos but also run automated CO2 at 1000-1200ppm. When you say 5 bursts do you know how much each plant is receiving per burst. Im doing 4 feeds per 18hr at 240ml per feed. All Chem Dog except for the new edition to the family, a baby girl named Shiskaberry, from my favorite breeder Barneys Farm

Attachments

• 1 - Copy.jpg
    1 - Copy.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • 2 - Copy.jpg
    2 - Copy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 3 - Copy.jpg
    3 - Copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 4 - Copy.jpg
    4 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 6 - Copy.jpg
    6 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 7 - Copy.jpg
    7 - Copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 8 - Copy.jpg
    8 - Copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 9 - Copy.jpg
    9 - Copy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 11 - Copy.jpg
    11 - Copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Its a run to waste system. 100L reservoir using a SunSun HQB5500 pump with SunSun JVP-232 wave maker to keep it all mixing well. Pumps 60ml per second evenly to all pots. Don't think you can see it in photos but also run automated CO2 at 1000-1200ppm. When you say 5 bursts do you know how much each plant is receiving per burst. Im doing 4 feeds per 18hr at 240ml per feed. All Chem Dog except for the new edition to the family, a baby girl named Shiskaberry, from my favorite breeder Barneys Farm
Nice setup mate!!

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Looks good mate! I get roughly 500ml per feed, although I haven't measured it out perfectly. As I don't have the expensive moisture/ec sensors you stick in the medium it is very much a guessing game for me. So I go by how my plants look.

Your plants look good, those are quite large pots for those sized plants so shouldn't need to go crazy with the feeds at the moment.

Fred Bear

Germinating
User ID
I've got a Bluelab moisture meter, does temp and EC as well but only use it about once a week to give me a ball park moisture level, temp at root level is good info to have to. I originally filled the reservoir with watering can so I could mark the external level tube in increments starting at 20L then every 4L to 60L mark then every 2L to the top. That way I know how much feed is used every day then divide by 10 and then by number of feeds gives me a per feed amount. It's not ml perfect but pretty accurate.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
In the future you could also figure out the actual Water holding capacity of your coco mix ( different brands have different levels) So you can figure out in more detail exact amounts of water needed to hit that limit, then using your meter you could figure out drybacks at set points and adjust feedings that way.

I have no experience with the bluelab meter so not sure how accurate it is.

Fred Bear

Germinating
User ID
In the future you could also figure out the actual Water holding capacity of your coco mix ( different brands have different levels) So you can figure out in more detail exact amounts of water needed to hit that limit, then using your meter you could figure out drybacks at set points and adjust feedings that way.

I have no experience with the bluelab meter so not sure how accurate it is.
Hey mate do you cut/trim the root system when it starts growing out the bottom of your pots

Top Bottom