Anyone used Peter's excel?

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I've noticed Peter's excel is going for $7-$8 at a few orchid shops. Looks like a good go for Coco and soft water considering both come loaded with 7% calcium and 3% magnesium alongside trace elements.

The grow seems alright at 15:5:15 as I already use 3:1:3 with 9% Ca and 3% Mg currently. They also have a 13-5-20 with added Ca,Mg and TE called "finisher" which looks good for flower.
Screenshot_2023-03-19-15-45-28-27.pngScreenshot_2023-03-19-15-45-50-69.png
I'll be switching back to Coco next run and will be giving these a try. Anyone used before? I like simple one part feeds so this might be the go.

We just had filters attached to all our taps here recently so I'll probs give it a go.

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I wouldn't use a single part. Firstly single parts have to compromise on Calcium., Sulphur and Phosphorous in one way or another.

Secondly I wouldn't be using that much Nitrogen in Flower, also check what form of nitrogen is in that mix. Most likely ammonical based, Cannabis can not regulate its uptake of ammonical nitrogen compared to nitrate so very easy to over do and ruin your flowers.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I wouldn't use a single part. Firstly single parts have to compromise on Calcium., Sulphur and Phosphorous in one way or another.

Secondly I wouldn't be using that much Nitrogen in Flower, also check what form of nitrogen is in that mix. Most likely ammonical based, Cannabis can not regulate its uptake of ammonical nitrogen compared to nitrate so very easy to over do and ruin your flowers.
Cheers for the input. It's 11% nitrate and roughly 2% uric N. From what I understand, 13:5:20 is the same base ratio broken down as 2.6-1-4 which is perfectly fine when it comes to n/K ratios for flower. I've always used 1-1 N/K ratios all the way through as a base and usually end up with N deficiency, not N toxicity tbh, so I'm no to phased about the N content. For example the only feed these have had over the last few weeks is 10:2:8 (powerfeed purple every 10 days) and there's no N issues bar a deficiency.
IMG_20230401_094629.jpg

I also always run low P feed so I'm not bothered by the lower P (happily used 3-1-3, 11-2-13, 8-2-10 slow release during flower with no P deficiency). My go-to for flower is 2-1-3-1 or 3-1-6-1 so this seems to fit bar the lack of S.

When it comes to elemental analysis the only think it lacks is sulphur from the look of it. Has a good amount of Ca and Mg and plenty of trace elements.

I don't think I've ever used anything that's more than a one part feed come to think of it. I like to stick to simple. The only two part has been canna Coco a while back but everything for the last year has been straight 3-1-3 slow release or powerfeed purple.

Last edited:

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Cheers for the input. It's 11% nitrate and roughly 2% uric N. From what I understand, 13:5:20 is the same base ratio broken down as 2.6-1-4 which is perfectly fine when it comes to n/K ratios for flower. I've always used 1-1 N/K ratios all the way through as a base and usually end up with N deficiency, not N toxicity tbh, so I'm no to phased about the N content. For example the only feed these have had over the last few weeks is 10:2:8 (powerfeed purple every 10 days) and there's no N issues bar a deficiency.
View attachment 33502

I also always run low P feed so I'm not bothered by the lower P (happily used 3-1-3, 11-2-13, 8-2-10 slow release during flower with no P deficiency). My go-to for flower is 2-1-3-1 or 3-1-6-1 so this seems to fit bar the lack of S.

When it comes to elemental analysis the only think it lacks is sulphur from the look of it. Has a good amount of Ca and Mg and plenty of trace elements.

I don't think I've ever used anything that's more than a one part feed come to think of it. I like to stick to simple. The only two part has been canna Coco a while back but everything for the last year has been straight 3-1-3 slow release or powerfeed purple.
Good about nitrates!

The rest is up to you

R3za92

Baked
User ID

I’ll be running this once + calcium nitrate (it’s a 2 part requiring cal nitrate) . not Using it yet as I’ve still got some left from the campbells diamond t

I’ll probably tweak the ratios in hydro buddy using a few base salts and Shit to get a better mn:fe ratio and a few other things but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID

I’ll be running this once + calcium nitrate (it’s a 2 part requiring cal nitrate) . not Using it yet as I’ve still got some left from the campbells diamond t

I’ll probably tweak the ratios in hydro buddy using a few base salts and Shit to get a better mn:fe ratio and a few other things but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Now that looks very interesting as well.

ThaliaGreen

Vegetating
User ID
How did the campbells go for you? I've seen Hoocho on YouTube use it for everything.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
How did the campbells go for you? I've seen Hoocho on YouTube use it for everything.
It worked fine running it in a 3:2:1 ratio with calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate. I never fucked around with it in hydro buddy for exact rations but it’s low in magnesium and without looking I’d bet the mn:fe ratio is wrong. I was also cutting some of the cal nitrate and adding some extra mono potassium sulfate in flower once stretch was done.

I’m switching away because it’s not available local to me while Peters products are.

Top Bottom