Anyone know the finer points of seizure of asset laws?

The Stoned Jester

Germinating
User ID
ok pretty specific question.

If my wife owns the house we are in (title/deed/bank loan) all in her name, we are also technically separated, but still married and I'm pretty much a renter in the house - say I get busted for growing a decent amount, will she get in any trouble / will they try and seize her assets or just mine?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
I'd say yes, you are both fucked, its not like the old days, when only the bloke/husband got charged

Unless she doesn't live there, then only you are fucked

IMO

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

If my wife owns the house we are in (title/deed/bank loan) all in her name, we are also technically separated, but still married and I'm pretty much a renter in the house - say I get busted for growing a decent amount, will she get in any trouble / will they try and seize her assets or just mine?
They can only seize anything if they can prove you have paid for it with the proceeds of crime.
Ya house will be fine. Unless ya paid for it by selling weed that they can prove.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

The Stoned Jester

Germinating
User ID
Fuck ya hole pedro, didnt ya mother ever tell you if you got nothing nice to say then don't say it, smart arse.

where else do ya think I would I ask a fucken question like this? fucken facebook?

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Fuck ya hole pedro, didnt ya mother ever tell you if you got nothing nice to say then don't say it, smart arse.

where else do ya think I would I ask a fucken question like this? fucken facebook?
Get fucked cunt, ya talking asset seizer laws, ask a fucking lawer ya wanker

Or piss off and ask on OSA

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Yeah your a Public servant tho, can't trust you cunts
Your memory is fucked. I already told you on the other site that I'm an independent IT contractor. I don't even work for Australian companies because we don't have any tech industry over here.

vostok

Blooming
User ID

if still on talking terms with your spouse I suggest a 'trust'

its a major loophole that any lawyer will get for you, its like limited liabilty but for hard working blokes, everything but food and clothing is owned by the trust, in some countries the wives too ...lol, you gift it or charge yourself 2 dollars type of thing, see it as powerful legal cover, masny tax loopholes exisit, like the trust owning the bmw you bought but then rent it back to you for $1.00 per-annum
Also if you sell weed ensure you fist full of dollars goes to a payment down on a very good lawyer called a retainer in 'merica, and its true a poor lawyer will keep you in prison months even years longer than a rich greedy fucker

remember cops hate - really hate lawyers

good luck

vostok

Blooming
User ID
As a matter of fact the amount I spend on lawyers bribes, birthday presents for his and her wife
it would be cheaper for me to move to Spain and pay their silly tax rate?

I did mention that to my babe once and she replied

'Yes you won't be having sex in the snow and sauna either' !!!!

Indy

Misfit
User ID

If in QLD, and as far as i know. She could get pinged for allowing a crime to take place on her property. And if they did look into her finances/tax and everything looks legit by proving the assets were obtained legally. She shouldn't have to much to worry about. Though she might want your crown jewels for it, if she hasn't already claim them.

If you can, get in and stay sweet with her. Tell her if youse do get a visit, get her to claim that she knows nothing about it. Just hope the crop is out of the main house where she frequents, as it'd be a bit hard to dispute she didn't know about a grow in a bedroom within the main residence. If setup is in shed or tucked away elsewhere you could dispute her knowledge about it.

Keep in mind, I'm not a lawyer. Just shit i've learnt from "Qld's Drugs Misuse Act" some 15-16 years ago, and memory has become a bit dodgy since.

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Agreed but in truth many of US, have grow rooms well vented and very sneaky built in too, she could pass imo

Top Bottom