Adding lights to the side of the tent

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Do you guys think it’s worth throwing in 4 lights around the sides of the tent or am I just wasting money I found theses
Or theses ones

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Sounds like a bloody nice light that already has a decent throw of light. Meant to be good for this..
Flowering Footprint 5' x 5' at 28", Veg Footprint 6' x 6' at 40”.

I'm no LED guru, but I would've thought you'd be right. Think your tent is a 5' x 5' as well?

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Yea bro but the lower buds have never bulked up on all my grows I was thinking with more light to the lower end of the canopy they might I could even maybe have them sitting on the pots facing up or could be just a wast of money lol 817B537F-AC4F-4531-A541-E987D736F356.jpeg

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Could do I guess, but I don't think I've seen anyone overcome the lower popcorn issue. Thought we all got it from one extent to another.

Hopefully someone else knows the solution. (y)

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Found this info on it

IS SIDE LIGHTING USELESS FOR CANNABIS?​

Side lighting is certainly not useless. It does have its place both for vegetables and weed. The main consideration is whether the extra cost involved is justified. The ultimate question is, do you want to add 20% more weight to your flimsy popcorn bud, or would you prefer a 20% boost in overall yield?

If you have dialed-in your grow-op to the max and are sure your strain has reached its full genetic potential, then by all means, add some extra side lighting to push your plants to the limit. Otherwise, you will be far better off applying some cost-free training techniques to instantly achieve a more desirable effect on the final yield.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
If you have dialed-in your grow-op to the max and are sure your strain has reached its full genetic potential, then by all means, add some extra side lighting to push your plants to the limit. Otherwise, you will be far better off applying some cost-free training techniques to instantly achieve a more desirable effect on the final yield.

Did you read past the first paragraph? :)

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Easy fix, just will smith those little bad boys off right at end of veg
No money 4 extra lights, no extra elec, and no power sucking tiny leeches making ure main colas look bad
Easy peasy

Top Bottom