AC infinity control breakdown

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
So I picked up one of the S6 kits from quickbloom, and first off I will say it's a bloody good fan and way to big for me but with the discount it's only a few $ more than the 4". As some of you know I like to play around with automation and I discovered a few interesting things.
Basically the lights and fans are using a standard 10v pwm signal, which is identical to the pwm dimming on my meanwell drivers and no sign of anything proprietary. The controller 69 is just 4 outputs that do the same thing no matter the device, and a temperature sensor.

To use controller 69 with another fan it will need to be capable of 10v pwm.
you will want to pick up a couple of these: https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-...is-port-adapter-dongle-conversion-cable-cord/
And 4 pin molex plugs to match, sometimes sold as disk drive connectors.

The molex connector uses pin out and should match:
1=FG (white, tacho for fan speed, I don't think ac infinity actually uses this wire on the controller69 but it works on my setup)
2=pwm (yellow)
3=ground
4=10v

Led drivers can be used but need to be capable of dimming to off to use the timer, the meanwell ab series do this but you will have to check your driver specs, I have not confirmed but I believe this will just be a matter of connecting the 2 dimming wires to pin 2 and 3 or possibly 2 and 4.

For anyone running home assistant or going deeper, a mosfet or optocoupler at 5000khz for the pwm, (fan ground to -In, 10v to +in, pwm to -out) output is inverted and fan starts at 15%. should look like this:

output:
- platform: ledc
pin: GPIO26
id: led_dimmer or exhaust_fan_op depending if light or fan
frequency: "5040Hz"
inverted: true
channel: 0

With either:

light:

- platform: monochromatic
output: led_dimmer
name: "led dimmer"
gamma_correct: 1.0

fan:
- platform: speed
output: exhaust_fan_op
name: "exhaust fan"
speed_count: 100
id: exhaust_fan
icon: "mdi:fan"

The FG is an open collector so software enabled pullup works fine,
On an esp32 it looks like:
- platform: pulse_counter
pin:
number: 16
mode: INPUT_PULLUP
unit_of_measurement: 'Rpm'
name: "Exhaust Fan Speed"
count_mode:
rising_edge: DISABLE
falling_edge: INCREMENT
internal_filter: 13us
update_interval: 12s
filters:
- multiply: 0.5

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

nexus420

Vegetating
User ID
So I picked up one of the S6 kits from quickbloom, and first off I will say it's a bloody good fan and way to big for me but with the discount it's only a few $ more than the 4". As some of you know I like to play around with automation and I discovered a few interesting things.
Basically the lights and fans are using a standard 10v pwm signal, which is identical to the pwm dimming on my meanwell drivers and no sign of anything proprietary. The controller 69 is just 4 outputs that do the same thing no matter the device, and a temperature sensor.

you will want to pick up a couple of these: https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-...is-port-adapter-dongle-conversion-cable-cord/

1=FG (white, tacho for fan speed, I don't think ac infinity actually uses this wire on the controller69 but it works on my setup)
2=pwm (yellow)
3=ground
4=10v

Led drivers can be used but need to be capable of dimming to off to use the timer, the meanwell ab series do this but you will have to check your driver specs, I have not confirmed but I believe this will just be a matter of connecting the 2 dimming wires to pin 2 and 3 or possibly 2 and 4.

For anyone running home assistant or going deeper, a mosfet or optocoupler at 5000khz for the pwm, (fan ground to -In, 10v to +in, pwm to -out) output is inverted and fan starts at 15%. should look like this:

output:

With either:

light:

fan:

pin:
count_mode:
filters:
i have notice that ac spider and mars when you pull them a part are all the same thing made at the same place this is happening at mars hydro https://www.mars-hydro.com/smart-grow-system
and i read about the upcoming changes to google home would bet there all going to be one system or compatible with it soon.

nexus420

Vegetating
User ID
every one would buy ac infinity if they got they shit together they don't have a 3pl here like mars and spider so every thing gets shipped there and then here. try order from them the shipping will make you cry its stupid.

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Mate it is all one system, they are using standard control methods, the only problem is controlling the apps, that's what makes HA so powerful, the light and fan text I posted above is literally all you need to flash to an esp32 to control the fan directly, you will still have a good 15 pins left over for sensors or more fans of a single $10 board. if google can make that easier I'm all for it.
At the moment most companies don't support older products and have little motivation to develop integrations for the cheap custom stuff, so I don't think you will really get a good experience without a being a bit more hands on.

Francois

Seedling
User ID
Would I be able to plug in a PC fan with a molex connector straight into that? What about reconfiguring a 3pin fan from my PC (Grnd, Volt, speed sensor) no PWM?
You mentioned LED drivers, what would be the minimum to plug in an LED strip light?

mlg

Vegetating
User ID

2=pwm (yellow)
3=ground
4=10v

output:

With either:

light:

fan:

pin:
count_mode:
filters:

pepe.hugoboss

Seedling
User ID
Hi @Secretchief , I am trying to figure something out, maybe you can give me a hand.
I set up the whole thing but I'm having issues trying to detect RPM using the tach wire. I have connected everything to the esp32. I can control the fan and the speed with esphome just fine. However, when I add the sensor for pulse_counter, I just get 0.00. My wiring is just as you described on your initial post, though I connected the FG wire to an open pin on the esp32 (GPIO 22). Do you have any ideas? Thank you!

Top Bottom