Pending site change

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
If you hit people in the hip pocket then they tend to be more respectful toward TSE .
Respect is all we need and the members will be lining up...
Sorry I bit old school just don't understand this world we live in now.......fuck my poor granddaughter will be ubered to school in a hovercraft.

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
I don't know whether this is possible but could there 2 levels in the comps. Level 1 must have made a $20 or more donation to TSE and have been with the forum for say 3 months(enough time for a grow on here) with sufficient posts to be a ciTSEn 👍🤣 and Level 2 just have to be on the forum at least be showing so interest or be a regular we know but can't afford to chip in just yet..
And Level 1 prizes are obviously better than Level 2..I think it's a good way to draw new members and to help out new members but not spoiling them as much as Level 1 peeps..when I 1st came to TSE I was actually surprised that you gave quality seeds away without asking that much in return and that was exactly why after winning one of the comps I made my donation to at least show some gratitude back..I don't think there's that many rip off people who will come join just to win a few seeds especially when it's not stated how many seeds you'll win so I think dangling a carrot is a great idea to maybe get some new peeps and maybe even better some bucks for TSE big wigs 👍🤣☮️ anyway that's my 2 cents, I just hope it makes sense 🤣..

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
I don't know whether this is possible but could there 2 levels in the comps. Level 1 must have made a $20 or more donation to TSE and have been with the forum for say 3 months(enough time for a grow on here) with sufficient posts to be a ciTSEn 👍🤣 and Level 2 just have to be on the forum at least be showing so interest or be a regular we know but can't afford to chip in just yet..
And Level 1 prizes are obviously better than Level 2..I think it's a good way to draw new members and to help out new members but not spoiling them as much as Level 1 peeps..when I 1st came to TSE I was actually surprised that you gave quality seeds away without asking that much in return and that was exactly why after winning one of the comps I made my donation to at least show some gratitude back..I don't think there's that many rip off people who will come join just to win a few seeds especially when it's not stated how many seeds you'll win so I think dangling a carrot is a great idea to maybe get some new peeps and maybe even better some bucks for TSE big wigs 👍🤣☮️ anyway that's my 2 cents, I just hope it makes sense 🤣..
Very well said.
I am only a newbie and I ain't going nowhere at this stage💯 as tse is as Aussie as u can get 😎
C'mon tse get on board and find a nieche .
You made plenty of sense @Sticky67

Mod

Administrator
Staff member
User ID
In theory 50 posts sounds good but there is a good chance they'll be pretty low-quality posts. Twenty bucks is fine by me as long as payment is secure.
It would also make posting more secure as the site is indexed on the web.
Currently bots/crawlers CAN view the hidden replies to increase visiblity in search engines.
However, when a guest clicks on the link, they cannot see the content.

Thoughts?

Mod

Administrator
Staff member
User ID
Yes, this is possible, but it comes at a cost.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
So what's the deal with existing long time members who have contributed by means of seeds for prizes etc will they be up for cash to continue account ?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I really don't see the need to over complicate it all.

A simple, you must have been a member for "X" days/months and must have made "X" posts would work fine. That would cut out the majority of the fly by nighters just looking for seeds, IMHO 🤷‍♂️.

At the risk of sounding like Vostok or Sugar (kill me now), I think making people pay for privilege is a bit shitty and it should remain a voluntary option.

I've been a (very small) financial contributor to the forum since it became an option, that was my choice. I expect no return for it other than a hope that the forum succeeds (y)
............................and that Billy doesn't blow it all on blackjack & hookers :ROFLMAO:

EDIT : I'm actually fine with Billy spending it on blackjack and hookers ;)

Last edited:

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID

A simple, you must have been a member for "X" days/months and must have made "X" posts would work fine. That would cut out the majority of the fly by nighters just looking for seeds, IMHO 🤷‍♂️.

At the risk of sounding like Vostok or Sugar (kill me now), I think making people pay for privilege is a bit shitty and it should remain a voluntary option.

I've been a (very small) financial contributor to the forum since it became an option, that was my choice. I expect no return for it other than a hope that the forum succeeds (y)
............................................and that Billy doesn't blow it all on blackjack & hookers :ROFLMAO:

Making fems costs money and time ,,
Stamps cost money ,and time
envelopes cost money and time.
test tubes cost money and time,
packaging costs money and time ,,
mailing out costs time.

EDIT,,,fuck Vostok and ex coppers.

Last edited:

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Yeah I didn't really think this over totally.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Just to be clear.

The talk of paid membership really stemmed from new members joining to simply enter comps, win seeds, then never be seen again.

It wouldn’t stop it. But it would perhaps slow it a bit. I mean, as it sits, I could create several new accounts, not make any contribution other than enter comps and leave when I finally get one.?

Active and longer term members will never be required to contribute financially, unless they choose. (Or want to get another member banned;)

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Just to be clear.

The talk of paid membership really stemmed from new members joining to simply enter comps, win seeds, then never be seen again.

It wouldn’t stop it. But it would perhaps slow it a bit. I mean, as it sits, I could create several new accounts, not make any contribution other than enter comps and leave when I finally get one.?

Active and longer term members will never be required to contribute financially, unless they choose. (Or want to get another member banned;)
Yep totally understand.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Making fems costs money and time ,,
Stamps cost money ,and time
envelopes cost money and time.
test tubes cost money and time,
packaging costs money and time ,,
mailing out costs time.
Agreed. But you're doing it by choice are you not?

I'm happy to contribute to the costs, but if it is of a great financial or time burden to you, then why do so many?

I get that there is a lot involved and I've previously offered to run a comp (covering all the costs myself) to mix it up and spread the load. It wasn't wanted and I was fine with that, but if you're taking it on all by yourself then that's up to you 🤷‍♂️.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

............................and that Billy doesn't blow it all on blackjack & hookers :ROFLMAO:

Fuck what would we know mate we have been here from the start and are/were on a few others!!
I said something simple like 50 post minimum!!
But Bill has received far more reliable and very complicated advice on how to run his forum from members who have been here for a matter of months!! 🤣

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Agreed. But you're doing it by choice are you not?

I'm happy to contribute to the costs, but if it is of a great financial or time burden to you, then why do so many?

I get that there is a lot involved and I've previously offered to run a comp (covering all the costs myself) to mix it up and spread the load. It wasn't wanted and I was fine with that, but if you're taking it on all by yourself then that's up to you 🤷‍♂️.
I do it to help the forum ,and growers since it’s harder now to get seeds..
so yes it is my choice .And it is a kind of a labour of love ,
but labour all the same that I don’t want wasted on fly by nighters.
And as for being paid members ,$20 is fuck all for the returns of
just one pack of seeds ,,,lately multiple winners have received four packs each per win.
that’s why I think it is pretty fair .

Membership fees go not just for running of the site but possibilities of merchandise too.

No one is forced to pay a cent ,neither are they forced to enter the comps.
😊

Top Bottom